has updated it's forum.  To post a question please visit the new Ask@ Forum.   

With a database of over 10000 questions the library will remain available for an extended period.


Can you get into a Structural engineering job by earning a civil engineering degree? View All
Since not many schools offer Structural/Architectural Engineering, i was wondering if you can still get into those fields by earning a Civil Engineering degree?

11 years ago - 10 months left to answer. - 1 response - Report Abuse
Respond to question
    0      [lnkReport]        0       0       
Share |

It would depend on what area of structural engineering you are interested in. Structural engineering is related to architectural, mechanical, industrial and civil engineering. With respect to civil engineering, I encompasses bridge and viaduct engineering, earthquake engineering, foundation engineering, retaining structures and wall engineering and pipeline engineering. If any of these related structural engineering areas is of interest to you, then pursuing a civil engineering degree would be applicable.

11 years ago

Best Answer

  1     0  does not provide engineering advice. The Ask@ service is a forum for members to exchange ideas relating to the world of engineering. We caution users not to accept any responses that they receive without further validation, and not to rely on any engineering advice that they may get from other members of the Ask@ forum. specifically disclaims any obligation to validate or verify any information posted within the Ask@ service. encourages users to seek the services of a professional engineer for any engineering advice they may require.