About the Position:
Analyst/Senior Analyst, Process Excellence supports the team by identifying, testing and establishing repeatable and efficient processes. Assists in identifying key performance indicators through process improvement initiatives. Responsible for assisting in the development of process enablers. Reports to the Manager, Process Excellence, supports the design and establishment of Finance process standards and procedures to support the attainment of financial goals and requirements.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Responsible for assessing, testing and establishing repeatable and efficient processes.
* Evaluates ways to standardize and document process improvement opportunities.
* Monitors procedures and processes to reduce risk and provide recommendations to enhance finance process to contribute to the performance of NGUSA.
* Reviews and assists in the development of process standards and enablers for U.S. Finance.
* Conducts research on industry process trends to ensure compliance.
* Responsible for following evaluation guidelines, assessing standards, procedures and processes for automated tools that support financial goals and requirements.
* Leads process design projects and accurately documents supporting process flow. Partners with Internal Controls for the proper documentation of standard finance processes.
* Responsible for process testing and documents findings to analyze effectiveness.
* Provides administrative support of project communications by preparing presentations and leading process discussions.
* Responsible for preparing reports and analysis and identifying process efficiency recommendations.
* Partners with Process Engineering VP, Director, and Manager and Finance Excellence for review and signoff on new processes or process revisions.
* Partners with Change Management to analyze impact of changes and create a change plan to assist in successful process implementation.
* Creates, designs and implements leadership feedback to drive process and performance.
* Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree is a plus.
* 3+ years in finance or business roles.
* Demonstrated ability to drive process enablement and/or planning.
* Experience in process evaluation and Change Management.
* Background in utility service business processes and projects.
* Proven experience managing risks and issues.
* Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities.
* Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
* Excellent written / oral communication skills, follow-up, and negotiation skills.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.