Do you want to change the world? We do. Did you know that there is no industry that touches more of humanity than Energy? In fact, Energy creates societies. Are you passionate about Clean Energy and empowering humanity in an intelligent and sustainable fashion? Then you think like us. Do you have the skills, intellect, creativity and drive to transform, not just a company, but an industry through Big Data and Advanced Analytics? Then come join us as we transform the energy industry. We are the Advanced Data & Analytics team at National Grid and we are looking for world-class talent to join us on our mission: Bringing Energy to Life through Advanced Analytics.
To ensure all standardized models produced by the Advanced Data & Analytics Team are maintained and run efficiently and correctly. Establish and implement a process to drive projects to an automated solution developed using modular and adaptable code.
Operations Analyst Overview:
The Operations Analyst is responsible for working with the different ADA teams to provide data driven solutions and analyses. You will need to able to query data from various relational databases; configure and run the models, tools and analyses in both corporate compute server and cloud computing environments; write scripts and code as needed to establish interfaces between any and all code modules, databases and input/output data structures. You are expected to have a broad based knowledge of Database Architecture, Data Engineering, and Programming / Software Development. Incumbents should be prepared to work in a highly multi-tasked environment with rapidly changing business priorities. Abilities to work cross functionally and in an Agile Team Setting are a must.
· Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
· Master’s degree in a data intensive discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent), with a background in computer programming and/or a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in advanced data processing. Exceptional candidates considered with Bachelor’s degree.
· Must have superior verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to translate extremely technical knowledge into business terms and vice versa
· Capacity to communicate technically and in laymen’s terms
· Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
· Ability to learn and use multiple data models quickly
· Ability to learn multiple programming languages/database engines for the purposes of implementing and analyzing data models
· Fully versed in various Operating System environments: Windows Server and Linux, system task scheduling, Bash programming
· Has in-depth experience working with SQL Databases (Oracle, SQLServer, PostgreSQL)
· Is capable of independently working with
· Big Data Technologies including Non-SQL Databases: Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra
· Software tools such as YARN, PIG, Hive, Sqoop
· Image Databases and Geospatial Databases
· ETL – Pentaho, Kettle, SSIS
· AWS (Amazon Web Service) – Infrastructure Deployment & Multi-thread Programming, Cloud administration, IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, EMR, S3, EBS, ELB
· Distributed Process Management – Elastic MapReduce (EMR), SPARK
· Software engineering skills (e.g. distributed computing, algorithms and data structures)
· Data visualization and reporting techniques (graphs & plots)
· Knowledge of networks and firewalls
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.