About the Position:
* Jurisdiction Finance Analyst, Modelling and Data Analytics (NY) supports jurisdiction business modelling and analysis to provide insight to support jurisdiction decisions. Researches and develops market views to create Jurisdiction assumptions to support stakeholders.
* Reports to the Manager, Modelling and Data Analytics (NY) and supports business modelling and analytics to enable jurisdiction performance
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Researches and develops market views to create Jurisdiction assumptions to support stakeholders.
* Assists in the analysis of financial performance to provide insights with Jurisdiction.
* Supports modelling and data analytics by providing administrative support.
* Collects and updates information to maintain accurate files.
* Provides insight through modelling and analysis to support Jurisdiction profitability.
* Utilizes jurisdiction pricing data to develop long-term modelling and create assumptions.
* Supports strategic analyses through reviewing Jurisdiction Key Performance indicators to reduce / eliminate performance gaps.
* Applies regulatory requirements for Jurisdiction and translates into financial business performance drivers.
* Performs monthly analysis to provide relevant and timely insight.
* Responsible for supporting financial and non-financial controls to meet business requirements.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Regulatory and business unit finance knowledge
* Attention to detail
* Short and long-term business unit financial modelling
* Analysis development
* Results and solution oriented
* Cross-functional business partnerships
* Scalable Jurisdiction performance model
* Ability to support business unit finance
* Previous experience researching and developing market views
* Demonstrated financial, and business analytics modelling
* Knowledge of business modelling activities
* Advanced computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Access; SAP preferred
* Excellent written / oral communication skills, follow-up, and negotiation skills
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.