About the Position:
Do you want to change the world? We do. Did you know that there is no industry that touches more of humanity than Energy? In fact, Energy creates societies. Are you passionate about Clean Energy and empowering humanity in an intelligent and sustainable fashion? Then you think like us. Do you have the skills, intellect, creativity, and drive to transform, not just a company, but an industry through Big Data and Advanced Analytics? Then come join us as we transform the energy industry. We are the Advanced Data & Analytics team at National Grid and we are looking for world-class talent to join us on our mission: Bringing Energy to Life through Advanced Analytics.
As a t Lead Analyst, Regulatory Support you will create, present and defend forecasts of electric load requirements for our 3.4 million electric customers. You will be supporting and interacting with numerous areas of the company including Supply, Customer Strategy, Regulatory, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Supply, Revenue and Accounting, and Economic Development. You will also present and defend these forecasts with the utility regulators of our jurisdictions (MA, RI, and NY).
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* You will work with the ADA DevOps Team to perform statistical modeling related to electric load forecasts and ad hoc analyses. Document, distribute, and defend forecasts and analyses.
* You will help prepare data responses to regulatory requests for information for company rate cases and other proceedings. Provide expert testimony before regulators to support the regulatory goals and objectives of the company, and defend electric load forecasts.
* You will work with internal Company clients to provide these electric load forecasts and all supporting analysis to enable them to achieve their own financial and system reliability needs.
* You will meet with external regulatory and other policy makers to advocate our approaches and transform their thinking to the best practices and latest technologies in the market.
* You will help to understand and improve the end-to-end process that spans from the customer’s energy needs to the electric network infrastructure to meet those needs and then to the regulatory approval of the Company’s rate and capital requirements.
* You will need to demonstrate ability to employ Change Management techniques to champion our approaches both within the Company and externally with policy makers.
* You will have to stay current and act as a Company expert in all policies, regulatory requirements, market trends, and industry standards regarding customer energy use and technologies and programs impacting that use, such as energy efficiency, distributed generation and demand response.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
* Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred) in any Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) or quantitatively-rigorous field.
* 5 or more years of relevant energy industry experience in a regulated setting with direct interaction with regulators required. Prior ‘expert witness’ experience preferred.
* Experience in the electric industry in New York and New England is preferred.
* 5 or more years of statistical and/or econometric modeling and simulation experience, preferably dealing with large data sets.
* Demonstrated ability in MS Office suite, SQL database language, and the ability to program in R, Python or other programming language.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully translate business problems into frameworks for the development of computer models and tools by being able to see multiple relationships and identifying likely causes or consequences of a situation and then translating the quantitative results into actionable business information, knowledge and solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully drive change within a business environment.
* Highly motivated and have the ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
* Excellent communication skills in order to coordinate their effort with other members of the team and to provide internal and external clients with concise, well supported recommendations on important projects.
* The ability to understand and be able to explain complicated technical concepts to non-technical personnel, internal and external to National Grid.
* Ability to interact with multiple levels of management, various departments within the company as well as external customers including regulators, market operators, and other market participants.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.