SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Project Engineer I, II, III - Protection position in our King of Prussia, PA field office. If you are looking for an opportunity to design, model, set, test, and commission protective relaying solutions for the power industry, then this position is for you!
Project Engineer I, II, III – Protection (Engineering Services)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power system protection and related SEL products.
- Train and assist customers with the creation, design, configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Participate in the preparation of functional design specifications.
- Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports, checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 2+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and protection practices and philosophies
- Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Engineer in Training certificate
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project engineering experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
In January, 2015, SEL was chosen as one of the ‘People’s Picks: 15 Great Workplaces in Manufacturing & Production” by Great Place to Work®’s Great Rated!™. This prestigious ranking celebrates the SEL 100% employee-owned culture as one of the best in the country. SEL has received numerous awards, including the Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) Better Workplace Award (2014 and 2009), the International and National Relief Award from American Red Cross (2013), the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For (2012), the Puget Sound Business Journal’s Top 100 Largest Private Companies (2010 and 2012) and 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Washington State (1999 through 2003, 2010, and 2011), Inc. Magazine’s 500|5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (1990, 1991, 2008, 2010, and 2011), the Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) Manufacturing, Workplace, and Community Service Award (1998 through 2010), the Washington State Quality Achievement Award (WSQA), and the Washington Secretary of State Corporations for Communities Award (2010). Puget Sound Business Journal has also ranked SEL as one of Washington State’s Top 100 Largest Private Companies every year since 2007.
In an independent survey conducted by Newton-Evans Research Company, SEL ranks first in all performance categories including: technology, features, security against hackers, web/internet information ability, technical service and support, maintenance cost, relay setting PC software, and price. Since 2006, SEL has also held the elite VPP STAR status certification from Washington State Department of Labor & Industries. Less than 2,000 companies in the U.S. earn the VPP STAR status for outstanding safety and health programs.
Apply Your Talent. Make a Difference. Enjoy the Rewards.
Are you ready to be part of a highly motivated and well-equipped team? Are you a quick learner who likes new challenges? If so, then you are ready to join us at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.
Dr. Edmund O. Schweitzer III delivered the first commercial digital protective relay in 1984. Under his technical, managerial, and fiscal leadership, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories has expanded to become a leader in the power industry, employing almost 4,000 people world-wide. Dr. Schweitzer understands and supports the need for investing in employees. In return, he expects that we hire only the best, most highly motivated team members, and that we deliver simple, reliable, and cost-effective products and solutions.
Our products and solutions must be simple and reliable because they protect the largest, most complicated machine on earth: the electric power grid. Blackouts remind us that reliable electric power is crucial to our society. SEL provides systems, services, and products for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of utility and industrial electric systems worldwide.
Our company and our products exist to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. That purpose has made SEL very successful, and the company is managed with sound fiscal judgment and that purpose in mind. Profits are reinvested to fuel the company’s growth.
In addition to offering a variety of challenges in a supportive, stable environment, SEL shares its success with employees through our Employee Stock Ownership Program. Its purpose is to involve employees in the company’s long-term success and to encourage employees’ motivation, creativity, and productivity. Once employees become eligible, SEL will contribute a certain percentage of employees’ salaries, above their normal compensation, to accrue company stock with pre-tax dollars in their account.
In SEL’s 30 Years of Innovation Video, SEL employees describe the innovation, creativity, and experience of SEL’s products and growth over the last 30 years! Learn more about SEL on YouTube
SEL has an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision for all regular full-time employees and their entire family, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, maternity leave, education assistance programs, a very generous employee stock ownership plan, 401K, flexible benefit account, and an outstanding work environment.