Founded in 1989, Thorlabs has been serving the photonics industry for over 25 years. During that time, our worldwide presence has grown to include 15 offices in 9 countries with over 1500 employees. Each location provides a local presence within the community it serves. These local operations allow for customer dialogues that better inform our understanding of regional needs and how they fit within the worldwide picture. Today, our portfolio includes over 15,000 items, many of which are customer inspired.
Founded in Newton, NJ, the company still calls the town home today. Nestled in rural Sussex County, NJ, Thorlabs is within close proximity to New York City, the Delaware Water Gap, various lakes, state parks, and outdoor areas.
Thorlabs is privileged to play a role in the work of tens of thousands of researchers throughout the world through the products we provide. We are committed to building a company that achieves its competitive advantage from its fundamental understanding of the community of customers we serve.
Purpose of the Position
The position is responsible for production management of compound semiconductor FAB operations including but not limited to: product planning, forecasting, equipment planning, inventory management, and production staff management as well as manufacturing engineering continuous improvement projects.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Manages FAB operators and technicians to complete tasks.
- Initiates manufacturing process improvements.
- Planning (daily and twilight shift production scheduling).
- Initiates and tracks quality metrics.
- Support corporate quality and business objectives.
- Key Customer Project Management for FAB foundry business.
- Solves day to day production issues wrt to quality and throughput.
- Generate special and periodic reports as required or directed to Management.
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Exerts up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally. The work cell areas may be noisy at times. Employees entering and leaving the room must wear appropriate clothing and protective equipment such as shoe covers, ESD shoes, full clean room suit, glasses and gloves.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a similar position.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in FAB processes and equipment.
- Proven production management history.
- Track record of efficiency gains in a production environment.
- Use ERP and MES systems to guide production, Axapta experience a plus.
- Minimum of a BS in Engineering/ Science.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.