is a broad based photonics technologies company offering an extensive array of products ranging from optical and mechanical components to integrated test and measurement systems. Thorlabs’ catalog products are produced in manufacturing centers in the USA, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom and Japan. Our company has a long-standing customer base with significant growth potential and an excellent reputation for quality, customer service and dependability. It is our mission to supply the photonics market with the tools to ensure the ultimate success of our customers. THORLABS
designs and manufactures over 15,000 scientific products and instruments for the optics and laser research industry. As we continue to grow, we are seeking talented individuals to join our team that have a strong desire to succeed. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. THORLABS
Headquarters are located in Sussex County, New Jersey, USA, THORLABS also has facilities in Maryland, Virginia, Texas and Michigan, and is established in 8 other countries. THORLABS is a privately held company established in 1989 which now employs over 1400 people. Purpose of the Position
The position is tasked with supporting a World Wide field service strategy for the evolving life science product lines. The position helps develop programs for after sales installation, Preventive Maintenance and service contracts to support a growing line of imaging systems, optical tweezers and ultrafast lasers. The candidate must have a solid understanding of the life science industry; optics and microscopy experience is preferred. The position maybe field based. This position is based on the West Coast. Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Install new systems
- Perform voluntary warranty related service at customer sites
- Improve internal and external service reporting
- Execute Preventive Maintenance program for existing customers
- Promote service contracts for customers
- Document field service activities
- Improve customer response time
- Assist system installation and evaluation for tradeshows
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
|Physical Activities:||The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to handle up to 75 lbs. boxes|
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience aligning, maintaining and servicing optical equipment including lasers and microscopes preferred
- Prior field service experience
- Direct customer relationship experience
| || |
- BS in Engineering Technology, EE, Biomedical Science, Physics or equivalent. Technical school/military experience considered.
| || |
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills:|
- Proficient in Windows based PC machine use, especially MS Office and other communication tools.
- Ability to work independently, and ability to work in a team environment and comply with high quality standards as well.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of customer/marketplace and drivers that influence customer behavior
- Strong problem solving/analysis skills related to field service
- Must be willing to travel 75% of the time
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
|Direct Reports:||This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.|