Georgetown University Master of Professional Studies in Systems Engineering Management
Leveraging the strengths of two industry leaders, Georgetown's Master of Professional Studies in Systems Engineering Management partners the business management and governance expertise of Georgetown University with the systems engineering and technology expertise of Stevens Institute of Technology. The program is designed for both technical and non-technical students, offering an educational experience that prepares successful leaders for the real world of emerging problems, evolving technology, and growing complexity in the global community.
Additional features of the program include:
- Emphasizes developing and applying big-picture thinking to manage critical challenges around the world
- Concentrates less on technical and mathematical components than a typical engineering degree, while providing fundamental systems engineering skills
- Benefits students from various backgrounds—including consulting, healthcare, government, and finance—not just engineers
- Provides unique opportunities to participate in and contribute to cutting-edge research and industry innovation
- Features a faculty of leading experts from both Georgetown and Stevens Institute of Technology
The Systems Engineering Management program is equally useful for students with technical backgrounds and those with non-technical backgrounds.
- Technical: Engineers and professionals in technical fields who want to move into management roles while expanding their systems thinking capabilities.
- Non-technical: Professionals in non-technical roles (e.g., analysts, advisors, consultants, project managers) who work in areas such as business, policy, government, and finance, and want to develop strategic systems thinking abilities that will allow them to work on technical teams with engineers and other specialists.
Georgetown's program immerses students at the intersection of policy, business strategy and leadership, and engineering, providing them with the critical skills they need to address the global challenges of today and pioneer the solutions of tomorrow.
Learn more about Georgetown's Systems Engineering Management program.