Nationally known civil engineering company with a focus on transportation and infrastructure projects has an immediate opening for a Structural/Bridge Engineer for their Atlanta office. This includes structural design, rehabilitation, and inspection of bridges and tunnels along with the preparation of load ratings, construction documents, specifications, and estimates. In addition, duties may include construction inspection services.
1. Assists others in analyzing information and data to perform routine design tasks.
2. May be asked to participate in non-design engineering activities such as construction inspection and materials testing, surveying, CADD production, and field data collection.
3. Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
4. Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
5. Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
6. Researches code requirements.
7. Prepares environmental impact and other administrative reports required for project permits.
8. Keeps Senior Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
9. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
10. Assist or participate in preparation of business proposals.
11. Attend Project Manager training to begin to develop project management skills
• BS Civil or Structural Engineering
• Licensure as an EI and/or passage of the FE
• Minimum 5 year of bridge engineering experience including design, load rating and bridge inspection; prefer 4+
• MS Civil or Structural Engineering
• 3.00 GPA or higher
• PE License
• Working knowledge of MDX, ConSpan, STAAD, Microstation
• Working knowledge of AASHTO, LRFD and GDOT design standards
• Ability and willingness to travel to project sites (approximately 20%)
• GDOT bridge consulting experience
• Local candidates (No relocation assistance)
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 5
Education Required: Bachelors
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance