This position requires a minimum of 2 - 5 years of project management experience in industrial, commercial, or residential construction. Thorough knowledge of steel fabrication practices, steel construction methods, and engineering techniques pertaining to general industrial construction is required. The project manager will oversee the organization, scheduling, and implementation of multiple construction projects while communicating with engineers, subcontractors, and clients to ensure construction is in accordance with the design and all applicable codes.
• Prepare and submit detailed construction bids to multiple clients
• Perform onsite visits to obtain information as required by engineering to enhance construction installation
• Create material take-offs and fabrication drawings for projects while procuring all required materials
• Solicit competitive sub-contractor quotes for labor as required for each project
• Manage all aspects of the construction project including all scheduling, sub-contractor labor coordination, material deliveries, client interaction, and project closeout procedures
• Perform routine updates regarding project status to senior project manager and/or construction division manager
• Perform inspections, tower mappings and post-construction inspections on telecommunications towers and/or water tanks
• Must be willing to temporarily relocate to Raleigh, NC for 6-8 weeks as required for job training
• Strong project management skills with good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in working with multiple discipline projects within the telecommunication, residential, commercial or light/heavy industrial fields is preferred
• Ability to climb telecommunications towers
• Experience in AutoCAD or equivalent drawing software
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office
• Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history and driving record verification
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
Tower Engineering Professionals, Inc. (TEP) and TEP Design Build (TEPDB) are telecommunications tower specialists.
With respect to towers, TEP/TEPDB is a full-service, multi-discipline, turn-key engineering and construction organization. Since our 1997 inception, we have inspected, mapped, analyzed, engineered, designed, modified, upgraded and constructed more than 50,000 cell towers, broadcast towers, water towers, elevated signs, roofs and telecommunications sites throughout North America. Our annual production averages 10,000 jobs.
TEP has over 300 employees, more than 100 of which are Certified Climbers. They are located at offices in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, and Canada.
We maintain engineering licenses (P.E., S.E., P.Eng.) in all 50 States, all U.S. territories, most Canadian provinces, Mexico, and Australia. We also employ Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI) who are certified climbers and licensed P.E.s., as well as Professional Land Surveyors (PLS) and licensed General Contractors (GC).
Visit our website for more information about our company and our team.
Tower Engineering Professionals (TEP) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying disability.