Crimson Interactive is a leading ISO-certified organization (ISO 9001:2008) providing Japanese and English language solutions to academicians, researchers, and corporate clients globally. We have served more than 50,000 clients from various geographies like Japan, China, Taiwan, Germany, Korea, US, and UK, and are proud to be among the top 3 editing players in Japan. We have also partnered with Maruzen (Japan’s largest academic publisher) and Dai Nippon Printing (DNP; the world’s second largest printer and publisher) for their editorial and translation needs.
Crimson Interactive is a company where cultures across boundaries thrive together. Currently, we meet the language and publishing needs of independent and corporate clients in over 67 countries around the world. Under the brands Enago, Voxtab, and Ulatus, Crimson works with a pool of highly skilled professionals having unparalleled technical expertise and language skills. Our business practices, human resources, and supporting technologies demonstrate our commitment to delighting our clients. We have diverse in-house staff comprising different nationalities such as Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, and Indians, all working toward a common objective—to serve the global academic community in the best way possible.
Honors and Awards
Crimson has been recognized as among the “100 most promising companies” in the world by Red Herring and is the only editing company to be recognized for at both Asia and Global Red Herring Awards, 2010. At these awards, Crimson stood out in the academic editing, transcription, and language solutions domain, and was a clear winner compared to its closest competitors.
In October 2012, Crimson gained further international recognition by winning the prestigious World Quality Commitment (WQC) Award in the Gold Category at the 26th International World Quality Commitment Star Awards. This award puts Crimson Interactive and its brands—Enago, Ulatus, and Voxtab—in the league of companies that deliver top-notch world-class services with uncompromised quality.
In July 2013, Crimson won the top prize in the first ever “India SME Heroes Challenge” organized by Google and the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) to honor small- and medium-size businesses that have made remarkable achievements using internet. This award confirms Crimson’s position in the market as a leader in innovation.
Freelance editors play a pivotal role in our business model and help us in ensuring author satisfaction by editing academic papers meant for publication in highly acclaimed international journals, across a vast range of subject areas.
Here’s what you need to become an Enago editor:
• Proficiency and competence in the most widely spoken language across the world—English!
• Knack for diligently editing, restructuring, and polishing articles written by non-native speakers, with least 5 years of relevant copyediting/academic editing experience.
• Extensive subject matter expertise in core Engineering (namely, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Civil, and Material).
• subjects Knowledge of the style (such as CMS, APS, ACS, IEEE, etc.) and conventions followed in academic writing
Preferred to have:
• Experience in editing ESL (English as a second language) manuscripts
• Memberships in acclaimed editing and publishing associations like EFA, EASE, etc.
• Research experience (studies conducted, papers written/published, papers reviewed, etc.)
• Certificate/experience in academic editing, publishing, scientific communication, journal article writing, etc.
Our freelance editors should ensure
• immaculate grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and word choice
• flow, transition, correct terminology, correctness of content, and coherence
• appropriate manuscript format* that conforms to academic conventions in terms of citation style, layout, section headings, and tense usage
• preservation of the author’s intended meaning even in papers where the content requires extensive revision
*Freelance editors also thoroughly format the manuscript as per mentioned journal guidelines when clients opt for our journal formatting service.
The Enago Advantage!
Working with us as a freelancer editor is a rewarding experience, both monetarily and intellectually, as you get to apply your domain knowledge and skills to help non-native authors present their work to the world through esteemed journals and renowned conferences, with the flexibility of timings and hours dedicated to editing.
We also ensure a smooth performance-driven progression curve for all our freelance editors with an effective feedback mechanism, which ensures that the expectation mismatch is nearly zero. In the past, the strong professional bonding with our freelance editors has also led to mutual recommendations—a definite plus factor!
THIS IS A FREELANCE POSITION. APPLICANT CAN BE FROM CITY IN THE US.