|Job # 44771: Electronics Design Engineer
Job Code: #44771
Title: Electronics Design Engineer
Job Type: Engineering
Job Location: Markham, Ontario
Date Posted: 04-Feb-2014
Our client, a leading provider of complex, application specific test equipment across several industries is seeking an Electronics Design Engineer to join their team of technical professionals. This is a full-time, permanent position located in Markham, Ontario. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, your primary responsibility will be to design, develop and validate electronic components and modules. Key responsibilities include:1. Design and validation of digital, analog, linear, micro-controller and interface circuits for specific industrial applications.
2. Create schematics and PCB layouts using CAD tools.
3. Generate Bills of Materials (BOMâ€™s), Engineering Change Orders and production documents.
4. Evaluate and validate the integrity and performance of electronic modules, producing clear test results and documentation.
5. Troubleshoot and analyze electronic hardware interconnect and I/O interface malfunctions from the end user level to component level through the system.
6. Perform root cause failure analysis and accompanying reports.
7. Ensure designs are documented in compliance with company procedures.
8. Assume responsibility for assigned projects, ensuring specification compliance, on-time completion and safety rules and industry standard practices are applied.
Qualifications:1. Electronics Engineering Degree.
2. 7+ years of hands-on, related work experience.
3. Experience with Analog, Digital, Switching, Microcontroller, Power Supply, High Voltage Generation and Measurement Circuit design.
4. Experience implementing various serial communication interfaces.
5. Firmware programming experience in real-time control applications (i.e. C and assembly language at the microcontroller level).
6. Full development cycle experience, from concept to release (i.e. design, prototype, PCB layout, validation, etc.)
7. Experience with Mentor Graphics is an asset.
8. Familiar with CE, RoHS, WEEE certification and standards is an asset.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to perform in a team based environment are a must.
Interested applicants should send their resumes in MS Word format to email@example.com quoting â€œJob #44771: Electronics Design Engineerâ€ in the subject line.