Mentor and manage the engineering department to cohesively accomplish the goals and objectives of the corporation. Experience in manufacturing with wood products, sheet metal (plastics, electrical, plumbing û preferred) within similar industry required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Review all projects and assign most efficient resources, in-house and outsourced.
2. Continually streamline engineering processes in coordination with other internal processes.
3. Effectively mentor and manage the engineering staff to increase competency, quality and output.
4. Manage engineering quality level.
5. Clearly define the product criteria as specified by the customer.
6. Ensure engineering adheres to cost parameters.
7. Create 3-D drawings using ôSolidWorksö software, in a short lead time, with concern for fit, form, function, quality, cost, ease of manufacturing and assembly.
8. Establish and enter the Bill of Materials in the ERP system.
9. Develop the required processes and documentation necessary to efficiently process the product within the confines of company's manufacturing capabilities and the customerÆs time line.
10. Clearly communicate product requirements (including M2M and drawing documentation) and customer expectations to other departments.
11. Interact with manufacturing to ensure efficient production and successful end results.
12. Take the product from inception to Product Handshake and continue with changes throughout the life of the product.
13. Develop and foster engineering standards and best practices.
14. Participate in Lean manufacturing initiatives.
15. This position interacts with all facets of the business and is expected to display and model a ôCan Doö attitude with enthusiasm in every possible interaction.
1. Maintain equipment.
2. Clean work area.
Communicates and interacts with vendors and associates in various departments and supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Occasionally lifts 20 - 40 lbs. Constantly handles and fingers papers. Sits at computer or desk for 2 to 8 hours per day. Stands/walks 2 to 8 hours per day. Sees and reads constantly. Reaches, stoops and crouches to get supplies. Assist with production as needed.
Works in moderate temperature. Some dust and odors present but not extreme.
Copy machine, computer, fax, phone, general office equipment.
BachelorÆs Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related; wood/sheet metal fixture industry experience 10+ years; successfully lead, mentor and manage Engineering team 3+ years; mastered proficiency in SolidWorks 3-D modeling and PDM; experience identifying and leading process improvement and Lean manufacturing initiatives; excellent negotiation skills; excellent independent problem solving and decision making skills; able to accept responsibility for own decisions; excellent spatial relations, reading, writing, counting, proofing; understand and follow directions; ability to work under pressure; organizational skills; excellent attention to detail; excellent accuracy; problem solving skills; flexibility; initiative; ability to communicate professionally and effectively (oral and written); ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment effectively; ability to coordinate multiple projects.