|A well established, globally recognized manufacturer located in Northeastern Wisconsin has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager. You’ll be responsible for managing Environmental Health and Safety programs to include compliance with Business, Corporate and state/federal law. This direct hire position reports to multiple leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, implement, train and maintain company’s safety, health and environmental policies and procedures. Comply with necessary environmental permits. Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with Zero Harm Policy.
• As facility liaison, you will conduct audits for compliance, manage work compensation claims, conduct accident investigations and job safety analysis.
• Actively participate with Emergency Response Team.
• Evaluate conditions and interact with managers and employees to provide recommendations regarding work hazards.
• Manage protective equipment and provide emergency first aid care.
• Provide leadership to direct reports with career development, performance goals and feedback.
• Oversee capital projects during review, machine run off commissioning and start-up.
• Manage Environmental Health and Safety budget.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in the fields of Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Chemistry or related field along with 5-7 years experience.
• Experience with waste water treatment and working with multiple facilities is a plus.
• HAZWOPPER training.
• CSP is a plus.
• Effective trainer and ability to lead people.
• Able to operate forklift, scissor lift and boom lift.