|PRIMARY ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION:
Ensure new model processes are user friendly and ergonomically safe. Meet both NAPM and customer SCQD requirments by controling Engineering inputs into SWI and JDE.
1) Plan utilization of facilities, equipment and manpower to improve efficiency of operations
2) Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop cycle time standards
3) Review/Revise/Create routings in JD Edwards system
4) Interface with Accounting personnel in matters pertaining to operating costs
5) Analyze plant layout, process designs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine
efficient utilization of labor and equipment
6) Review and address open items on NTR system
7) Interface with suppliers during equipment specifications, implementation and follow up
8) Assist all production departments with items related to part manufacture and costs
9) Perform line balance exercises to help determine bottlenecks by perfoming time studies of
10) Evaluate design drawings or sketches and develop part quotations to include operations steps, cycle time, manpower and equipment.
11) Participate in continuous improvement (Kaizen) teams
12) Create, review and revise manufacturing guides/standardized work instructions for New Model &
current mass production parts.
13) Support all Neaton certifications.
1) Strong knowledge of Napm's equipment, operations and facility.
2) Knowledge of plastics tooling and materials
3) In-depth knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
4) Full knowledge of MOST and Time and Motion studies
1) Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
A. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1) Must be able to work extended hours
2) Must be able to travel on short notice
3) Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
4) Must be able to push/pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
5) Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
6) Must be able assemble new model parts and work with hand tools
B. EQUIPMENT USAGE
1) Computer related equipment
2) Genral knowledge of injection mold machines, diecast machines, robots, paint and
general assembly equipment.
C. MENTAL/COGNITIVE DEMANDS
1) Excellent problem solving skills
2) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3) Good leadership skills
4) Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
5) Strong knowledge of all NAPM style of products, equipment and facilities