Job Title: Service Technician
Location: Bakersfield, CA 93308
Duration: 06 Months (Position is Temp to Perm for right person.)
Looking for a technician with electrical/mechanical abilities to do light electrical work (disconnect a meter, for example) and ability to work with hands (mechanical) such as connecting PVC pipes
Must have at least a Class B license to drive the service truck
Client will get Class A driver license
2+ Experience with electrical and mechanical service experience in field, such as product testing, handling tank exchanges, working with light electrical troubleshooting and fixes
The SDI service technician will set up and service water purification systems at customer sites. In this role, the technician will deliver, set up and exchange ion exchange tanks to customers in commercial and industrial applications. Requires electrical and mechanical experience in the field.
- Drive truck to deliver ion exchange tanks and water treatment equipment to customer site.
- Ensure that correct equipment required for the daily route is loaded, secured and meets quality specs. Load and unload tanks on truck and maintains correct inventory on board truck as required.
- Completes vehicle inspection reports for pre-trip inspection.
- Keep accurate accountability of inventory at each site and make changes as needed. Communicates changes thru the proper channels and follows up to ensure that changes have been made.
- Takes water samples and conducts the following tests including but not limited to tds, resistivity, cl2, and hardness. Accurately record results. No handling of corrosive chemicals
- Rinses ion exchange tanks to customer specifications at customer sites and ensures quality specifications met.
- Performs both dry and wet ion exchange tank exchanges.
- Performs maintenance on equipment to include minor pvc pipe repair and/or meter repair/connection.
- Maintains good housekeeping at all times, which includes the vehicles and customer sites.
- Follows Client and customer EHS policies and rules.
- Maintains contact with customer on site, communicating effectively, politely, and responding to their needs. Maintains good customer relationships.
- Assist with equipment or product delivery outside normal scope when needed due to business levels.
- May be required to be on call during non-business hours.
- Maintains and safeguards company assets (plant, fleet, equipment and inventory).
Service technician is required to carry a company cell phone to answer customer calls. Ge will pay a fixed amount per day Monday-Sunday to take calls off-hours, regardless of call amount or time length. Weekend on-call duties are Saturday and Sunday, 24 hours per day.
It requires the service technician be available to be at a customer site within 2 hours of an emergency phone call. Client will pay an OT minimum of 4 hours OT only if technician has to go physically to the customer's site. Estimated OT for on call requiring customer site visit is 10 hours per month. 4 hours is minimum pay for the OT oncall regardless if there less than 4 hours. If there over 4 hours, additional hours are paid .
- CUSTOMER SITES ARE WITHIN A 110 MILES RADIUS OF THE BAKERSFIELD PLANT. POSITION DOES NOT HAVE ANY OVERNIGHT LAYOVER REQUIREMENTS
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:-
2 YEARS Electrical/Mechanical Technician
2 years driving w/at least Class B
- HS DIPLOMA, GED OR EQUIVALENT
- Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record history
- HIGHLY Desired: Class A driver's license for CA
SPECIAL SKILLS AND PROFICIENCY LEVELS:
- Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
- Ability to use hand truck and pallet jacks to move heavier loads
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability and willingness to: read, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations; to write reports; to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS:
- Position requires answering outlook emails