Perform duties necessary for development and design of plastic components and castings in support of major company projects. This person must be able to conceptualize new designs, provide technical leadership · Participate in the creative process of elaborating overall product design concepts.
to design teams and work collaboratively as part of the engineering project team.
· Utilize internal or external resources to design and fabricate product components.
· Oversee detailed design and detailing of prototype components.
· Participate in the definition of new test protocols and methods.
· Lead and/or participate in design reviews.
· Work closely with project leaders.
· Pursue protection of intellectual property.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience :
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 5-10 years of experience conceptualizing and designing
· Experience in designing plastic components and castings preferred
· Proficiency with Pro Engineer or Solid Works
· Experience utilizing and analyzing FEA software
· Project Management skills preferred
· Strong communication skills
· Demonstrated invention and innovation.