Open July 15. Full-time hire = Industrial Engineer. $50 - $65K base. Our Dallas client is large Distribution company with state-of-art warehouses. YOU MUST HAVE WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) experience to begin to qualify for this position.
Also, they are looking for an Industrial Engineer with 1 - 3 years experience (and pay accordingly).
- Four year degree in Industrial Engineering or similar
- WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) experience.
- Experience using/designing Automated Systems in Distribution Centers
- Experience using with CAD, AutoCAD, or Visio to draw detailed Distribution Centers
- Knowledge of engineering labor standards
- Experience in Time & Motion study
Nice-to-have (not required):
* Third Party Fulfillment experience (3PL)
* Statistical Analysis
* WMS package experience using Manhattan WMS
* Facility Layout and Design experience
* Labor Analysis
* Six Sigma, Lean or ISO 9001 experience
* Simulation software experience
- Maintain and develop engineered labor standards for the company by providing expertise on utilization of existing automation systems, as well as recommend future automation systems.
- Manage and maintain Distribution Center (DC) metrics
- Involved in DC layout/design, including purchases of items (ie pallet racking, powered conveyors)
- Maintain accurate drawings of all DC facilities using software (ie CAD, Visio, similar)
- Analyze and challenge existing procedures in all departments throughout the facilities making recommendations and working with the DC management to integrate solutions
- Develop SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and process flow charts for all departments
- Analyze DC space demands, publish weekly reports, and develop solutions
- Make recommendation on labor staffing and costs for labor in-sourcing
- Partner with all of the Distribution/Returns Center Managers
- Oversee slotting process in DCs
- Reduce walk time between hits
- Minimize replenishment
Sean Napoles, President, Career Brokers. Leveraging careers since 1991.