Our company is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to oversee all of our Mechanical Design teams. This person will have a proven track record of leading and technically managing development of electronic hardware products; someone considered an expert in their technical field. The candidate must have the ability to manage more than one design team, working on multiple product developments concurrently.
The position will include involvement in program management, team motivation, and budgeting. The position incumbent needs to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the significance of time to market, ROI, risk mitigation, contingency plans, etc.
The qualified candidate will contribute to the conceptual and detailed design of a variety of electronic products; utilizing strategic and tactical thinking. The candidate must have proven experience with project management from ‘cradle to grave’ (i.e. ability to successfully manage design resources through all phases of the projects – design validation, production, and process validation).
- Design and layout of materials, parts and drawings using SOLIDWORKS and AUTOCAD software to include sheet metal and plastic enclosures.
- Management of mechanical design teams and their projects to include writing product proposals, status reports, and assembly procedures, figuring and tracking expenses, interacting with vendors, and other planning and coordinating of resources resulting in the successful completion of project objectives.
- Develop unique design techniques by working alongside other disciplines to include engineering, metal fabrication, production, and purchasing to ensure maximum efficiency and quality.
- Create plans to evaluate and test materials.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience in an engineering design and management environment; along with 2 years of hands-on SOLIDWORKS experience desired.
- Sheet metal design, bend deductions and resolution of fabrication issues experience is a plus.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, adjusts to constantly changing priorities, and remains unbothered designing in a tight tolerance environment
- Demonstrated leadership working through complex problems in a multi-disciplinary environment and integrating with cross-functional groups to include manufacturing, test, reliability, quality, purchasing, hardware engineering, and compliance.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position includes:
· Medical, dental and vision benefits
· Company provided life Insurance
· Voluntary life, short term and long term disability insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Company matched 401K retirement savings plan
· Tuition assistance
· Vacation and holiday pay
· Salary starting at $100K
To apply, email resume to .