|Title: Assistant Electrical Designer
Job Number: 131149
This position is responsible for performing protection & control design on various substation projects. Duties/responsibilities include the following:
* Assist in creating/modifying three-lines, control schematics, and relay panel arrangements from relaying one-lines with instruction;
* Create/modify wiring diagrams and cable lists from three-lines and schematics with minimal supervision;
* Assist in perform basic calculations such as voltage drop and cable sizing with instruction;
* Apply field mark-ups of project as-built drawings with minimal supervision;
* Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager and others as needed;
* Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of one’s work;
* Other duties will be assigned as required.
Minimum 1 years of experience in protection & control design. Required characteristics include:
* Ability to understand relaying one-lines and control schematics;
* Familiarity of relevant codes and standards such as NEC.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to work in a team environment, and to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and contractors to complete an integrated project. Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field. Proficient in at either Autodesk’s or Bentley’s CAD system. Routinely uses higher-level commands, time saving programs and routines. Previous consulting, utility or field experience is a plus.
Valid driver's license required. Additionally, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges.
Job Type: Computer Aided Drafting & Design