Whirlpool is looking for a Laboratory Automation Calibration Master Technician to provide technical expertise for lab equipment and test systems for the new Refrigeration lab. We're looking for a team player who can move quickly from one project to the next and can work with data and people. If you're a highly motivated person with a strong eye for electrical and mechanical detail, you just may be the person we need.
What You Will Do
• Create custom fixtures utilizing relays, solenoids, air cylinders, counters and data acquisition to meet specialized testing needs
• Oversee that lab calibration is up to date and lab equipment is available
• Terminate wiring, solder connections, assemble fixtures, debug circuits, create and read schematics
• Manage and perform instrument calibration, including packaging, documenting and shipping devices to external agencies
• Use Excel and calibration systems and other tools to document results
• Provide maintenance and troubleshooting for valves, heaters, control systems, data acquisition systems, and air handlers
• Perform other lab services as required to maintain the lab and add needed capabilities.
• Perform calibration procedures and/or maintain test equipment
• Work with other technicians in the area to plan work, provide technical direction
• Handle multiple projects concurrently
• Share best practices globally and with other product groups
• Record and compile calibration reports and verbally communicate results
• Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities
• Construct basic test fixtures as required
• Improve and expand your technical skills
• 4-Year Bachelors Technology Degree or 2-Year Associates degree with equivalent experience
• Minimum of one-year of experience in Metrology
• Familiarity with computers, monitors and technology in general
• Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact as a team player
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to move appliances using appliance cart (assistance from other person is acceptable).
• Frequently be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds - occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
• Strong customer interaction skills.
What You Need To Succeed
• 17025 procedures, UL, IEC CSA agency requirements - desired.
• General lab procedures
• A minimum of one-year of experience in electronics, plumbing, mechanical and refrigeration systems
• PC-based data acquisition systems experience considered an asset.
• Power tools, soldering iron
• Electrical and refrigeration systems,
• Uncertainty of measurements is desirable
• Preparing for a UL/IEC/CSA audit is (desired)
• Visual Basic for Applications, C, C++ (desired)
Whirlpool Leadership Requirements And Qualifications
Whirlpool prides itself on hiring great talent with the necessary leadership requirements and qualifications to achieve greatness. In this position, we are looking for a leader that possesses strong character and integrity, as well as confidence in their actions and decisions to ensure that Whirlpool products are exceeding consumer expectations. The leader must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external parties, and have the solid vision and strategy to meet product requirements and goals. With these attributes and practices, we believe that the leader will successfully provide extraordinary results and consistently drive change to continually add to Whirlpool's success.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.