|DornerWorks, Ltd. is an embedded systems engineering firm employing some of the best and brightest engineers in the country working on cutting edge design projects. We are a leader in embedded software, electronic hardware, and custom logic design, specializing in safety critical markets.
We are seeking a well-rounded Embedded Software Engineer to join the team at our New Hudson, Michigan (Detroit Metro area) office. Our Embedded Software Engineers design software for embedded systems engineering projects for industry leaders in automotive, medical, defense and aerospace.
- Design, code and debug applications and or system-level software in various languages.
- Undertake analysis of software requirements, review, identification of code metrics, system risk and reliability.
- Perform software modeling and simulation
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems and with embedded hardware designs
- Prior experience in designing, developing, and testing embedded software to detailed requirements.
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Computer Engineering ( BSCE)
- High proficiency in C/C++
- Knowledge of communications standards; such as Ethernet, CAN, LIN, TCP/IP, USB and others
- Knowledge of micro-controllers; Freescale, Microchip, Texas Instruments (TI), and others
- RTOS development experience such as Linux, VxWorks, QNX, MCIOS and others
Familiarity with DOORS or Dimensions
Experience in automotive, medical or defense industry
Familiarity with SPICE/CMMI
Why Join DornerWorks? We offer the opportunity to become part of a team of talented engineers working on interesting projects for a diverse group of clients that are leaders in their industries. We offer meaningful and challenging work, professional alliances and partnership, collaborative work environment, commitment to a healthy work/life balance with generous paid time off and competitive salary and benefit package. To apply and/or read more about the recognition and awards we have received go to: www.dornerworks.com/careers
Applicants selected for this position must meet eligibility requirements for access to customer information regulated by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, only U.S. Persons or U.S. Permanent Residents will be considered. DornerWorks is an equal opportunity to employer. M/F/D/V