• Design HVAC, Plumbing and/or Fire Protection construction documents
• Develop projects from schematic design to construction
• Sustainable Design – LEED implementation
• Occasional travel may be required (all Hawaiian Islands, Guam and Okinawa)
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Manage, organize, prioritize, and execute assignments for multiple projects on time
• Self-motivated professional willing to improve themselves individually and for the company every day
• Open minded individual willing to learn new methods to achieve office goals, and suggest improvements to current operations
• Proficiency with local codes/standards
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Provide positive teambuilding attitude
• Analytical problem solver
• Cutting edge thinker
• Preferably familiar with AutoCAD and Revit programs
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 2-4 years’ experience, prefer EIT certified
• 5-10 years’ experience, prefer P.E. license
• 10+ years’ experience, prefer P.E. license
• Full Health Benefits
• 401(k) and Profit Sharing
• Year End Performance Bonuses
• Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
• Transportation Subsidy
• Costco/Sam’s Club Membership
• Company Parties/Picnics/Get togethers
• Career Advancement Training
• Professional Society Membership Opportunities
Mechanical Engineers of Hawaii Corporation provides engineering, design, consultation and construction administration services to all levels of government agencies and a wide spectrum of clients in the private sector. Our greatest assets are our employees. Our focus is the success of our clients.
MEH is a leader in Sustainable Design. As a team we have been involved in over 70 LEED projects and are at the forefront of completing Hawaii’s top LEED projects such as the University of Hawaii West Oahu Campus, Punahou Case Middle School, USS Arizona Memorial, PJKK U.S. Courthouse and Federal Building, etc. These projects have implemented innovative and environmentally friendly solutions to conserve energy while satisfying the user’s specific requirements.
MEH offers a unique opportunity to experience a wide range of skills that few other mechanical consulting firms in Hawaii do not have available. The majority of employees have been with MEH 30+ years, and has a wide range of skill sets to share. Job diversity continues to provide opportunities to experience a little bit of everything and helped to maintain our economic growth through even the latest Hawaii recession. This kaleidoscope of experience is shown through the 4,300+ Federal, State, C&C of Honolulu, and Commercial jobs that MEH has completed. Visit our website to view our projects!
MEH has also broadened their engineering and fire protection services to include licensed engineers in the states of California, Nevada and Guam
Please send cover letter including salary requirements and resume to Kyle Cheng. If applying from out of state please provide further information discussing your interest to relocate.