Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
To plan, schedule, organize and direct application engineering, field installation and start-up of assigned Security System projects. Ensure projects are effectively executed to budgeted cost and committed time schedules. To act as key interface with the customers and vendors to maximize project success. Manage, oversee, & coordinate all aspects of project activities after award and through completion of project including: review of estimated costs prior to bid, review of contracts, plans and specifications, project design engineering, supervision of installation labor and subcontractors, preparation of change proposals, preparation of project invoices, & collections on projects.
• Conducts needs assessments to understand site risk.
• Plans, organizes, directs, controls and finalizes security systems project activities.
• Writes scope of work, coordinates engineering design, CAD drawing development, construction documents, and specifications.
• Determines project costs for design / engineering and execution of projects. Manages security systems project plan and schedule commitments, ensure plan is integrated and aligned to overall project plan.
• Analyzes, removes, and proactively prevents roadblocks across team to meet quality standards, project milestones, and business objectives.
• Researches and develops project timelines, deliverables, resources, tasks, and dependencies based on project requirements.
• Establishes and maintains complete and detailed system development and maintenance documentation.
• Coordinate all activity with security management, IT, procurement, building management and respective project team members.
• Assures a timely completion of project close-out including a completion of punch list items, the submittal of accurate as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, and subcontractor specifics as well as any other administrative requirements.
• Investigates and maintains knowledge of systems design standards, technology standards, enterprise security functions and processes.
• Familiarity with the NEC and OSHA regulations.
• Supports the development of security systems engineering and design standards.
• Maintains a basic level understanding of international, national, regional and local construction codes.
• Strong field experience with access controls, CCTV, burglar & fire alarms, intercoms and other security-related low-voltage systems.
• Strong knowledge of integrated security concepts, technical architecture and network and server technologies.
• Strong programming skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend contracts and deliver the required scope of work on schedule, on budget, while limiting risk to the company.
• Advanced experience or knowledge in engineering and construction management.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret CAD drawings, common computer and technical data.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Excellent verbal / written interpersonal skills with the ability to work positively and collaboratively within a team.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in an IT or engineering discipline; or seven years’ related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
• PMP certification is strongly preferred. PSP (Physical Security Professional) certification is desired.