As a member of the Computational Biology development team, this quality engineer will be responsible for developing automated test suites and conducting hands-on testing and release qualification of the MathWorks Computational Biology products. The quality engineer will participate in projects from their early design stages and play a critical role in driving them to final product release.
Ideal candidates are team players demonstrating strong organization skills, an eye for detail, strong communication skills and a commitment to getting things done.
As an individual contributor in Quality Engineering, the candidate will work closely with Software Engineering, Documentation and Usability teams. Specific tasks will include:
- Creating test plans and test procedures.
- Implementing automated test suites using MATLAB and Java to qualify product functionality.
- Executing the interactive testing plans on UNIX and PC platforms.
- Identifying and reporting detected bugs using our bug tracking system.
- Qualifying bug fixes.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- BS +3 years or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics or equivalent
- Programming experience in MATLAB and Java
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming is required
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills