FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, and to be challenged in what they do. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
• Provide global leadership, strategy and direction for chemical product safety policies, programs, and processes
• Partner with business product safety and regulatory, supply chain, R&D, Information Technology, and Procurement to plan, structure, deploy, and monitor chemical product safety and regulatory programs
• Ensure compliance through implementing and maintaining IT systems and business processes to fulfill all applicable requirements
• Manage safety data sheet authoring systems to ensure efficient and effective platform maintained to fulfill global requirements
• Audit and assess compliance and progress with chemical product safety regulatory programs, instituting corrective action where necessary to ensure compliance
• Lead and direct the communication and awareness of chemical product safety regulatory best practices in all aspects, functions and geographies
• Ensure that employees have the appropriate chemical product safety regulatory training and education, including updates
• Drive implementation of ACC’s Responsible Care Product Safety Code of Management Practices
• Facilitate information sharing and joint problem solving among contacts global networks of product safety and stewardship and chemical product regulatory contacts identify synergies and opportunities to leverage resources.
• Coordinate periodic teleconferences and meetings on common issues and concerns.
• Compile and coordinate posting and sharing of relevant, useful information.
• Coordinate corporate compliance with regulatory requirements (such as TSCA CDR, REACH, TSCA 8e Substantial Risk reporting) and corporate response to voluntary initiatives (such as CBI Disclosure or similar).
• Bachelor of Science in engineering, chemistry, toxicology or related science with 10 years relevant experience, or MS with 8 years, 5 of those within chemical industry with chemical product safety regulatory management responsibilities.
• Expertise in hazard and risk assessment as required under GHS, REACH CSR, etc.
• Excellent communication skills. Incumbent needs to be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing with FMC management, other department members, business contacts, and outside stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Must be able to compile and analyze information to effectively advocate position and negotiate both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, ability to work cross-functionally in a global matrixed organization, and strengths in collaboration, teamwork and communication.
• Willing to travel up to 50%.
• Excellent computer skills and competency with Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Word and similar software.
• Experience with WERCs or SAP EHS SDS authoring systems highly desirable.
• Familiarity with IUCLID, CHESAR, REACH-IT, and similar tools a plus.
• Standing Alone
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Dealing in Ambiguity
• Organizational Agility
• Conflict Management
• Presentation Skills
• Written Communications
• Process Management
“FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug-free workplace. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.”