ECKART America, the leading global manufacturer of metallic inks and pigments for the coatings and graphic arts industries has an opportunity to join Production Team at our plant in Schererville, Indiana. You will have a lead role in making process and productivity improvements for our coating and PVD operations. This is a high visibility, hands on position.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Drive continuous improvement in key areas of: quality, cost, service, safety, and equipment efficiency utilization.
- Partner with R&D to support the development of new products and technology. Assist with product scale up.
- Work closely with Quality department to ensure/establish ISO compliance in all required areas.
- Assist with the installation of new equipment and technologies.
- Design and plan layout of equipment; provide input into equipment/investment needs.
- Determine most effective arrangement and establish control systems in product finishing area
- Improve work flow as a means to reducing process time and manufacturing cost as well as improving quality and ergonomics.
- Analyze machine runtime data and develop process KPIs
- Perform tests and monitor performance of processes throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density, particle size, and optical density.
- Develop operator training matrix and all work instructions for new process designs
- Implement and sustain improvements and drive concepts to the floor level.
- B.S. Engineering (Chemical preferred)
- Previous manufacturing leadership experience required
- Experience with batch and continuous processes
- Previous experience with coated and metallized film preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Good communicator / listener / facilitator
- Strong understanding and willingness to support plant , human resources, safety, and quality procedures
- Demonstrates leadership skills, conflict resolution, and willingness to develop self and others
- Results Oriented
· Excellent Team Skills/ Collaboration
· 25% domestic travel, occasional international travel
We offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, long and short term disability income protection, life insurance, tuition assistance, paid vacation and holidays.