|Position: Mechanical Engineer
Growth: Harbinger wants to seize the opportunity to expand the current product
offering. Towards that goal, the company wants to add a highly collaborative and
seasoned Mechanical Engineer to the Product Development team who has a passion
for fitness and design and the aptitude for creative problem solving.
The ideal candidate excels at self-directed project and timeline management and can
demonstrate strong mechanical problem solving skills. This position requires keen
attention to the Industrial Design intent as well as a passion for quality, detailed
consumer product design combining high function and high value.
ò Participate as member of the New Product Development (NPD) Team
ò Design and develop new consumer fitness accessory products
ò Manage product timelines through manufacturing to commercialization
ò Conduct research in new materials, process and manufacturing methods
ò Create and test novel mechanical solutions for new product development
ò Participate in research of new intellectual properties and patents
ò Use CAD to design and manage products through the entire process
ò Participate in Product Documentation Management and Control including all
new products with CAD drawings for external manufacturing
ò Interact with Supply Chain Team for product sourcing, Quality Control
ò Establish, manage Part Number and Product Tracking systems
ò Develop CAD data to document legacy product in CAD drawing format
ò Manage product CAD library and filing system
ò Manage internal and external testing of products
ò Supervise NPD material acquisitions and vendor relations
ò Manage day-to-day Asian vendor base communication
ò Act a liaison between contract manufacturers supporting Supply Chain
ò Manage Rapid Prototyping of new products and their suppliers
ò Manage external engineering and manufacturing consultants
Travel: To support product development in Asia and attend trade shows
domestically. Up to four times/year. Maximum two weeks offshore per trip.
Work week: 7 AM to 5 PM Monday - Thursday and 7 AM to 11 AM on Friday.
1. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
2. 5 - 8 years professional experience in product design and development
3. Proficiency in SolidWorks a must. 5,000 - 8,000 hours optimal.
4. Significant experience designing injection molded plastic parts.
5. Expertise with Asian manufacturing including travel to factories.
6. Familiarity with American National Standards Institute (ANSI) criteria.
7. Knowledge of product testing criteria including wear and fatigue.
8. Experience with rapid prototyping methods including stereo lithography.
9. American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards.
10. Ability in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
Opportunity: For the right person, the Harbinger Mechanical Engineer opportunity
could be an exciting, high visibility learning experience. This is a small and growing
company which places a very high emphasis on self - starting and initiative. There is
no task too big or too small for the highly collaborative ME looking for a platform to
create new, unique products for an expanding market which represents health,
fitness and longevity and see the ideas transformed from sketches in real products
on the shelves of leading retailers.