MMM Group is passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development; along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; and the opportunity to make a difference.
Be Challenged. Be Known. Be Among Friends.
McCormick Rankin, a member of MMM Group is currently seeking a Bridge Inspector to join our Bridge Department, located at our Mississauga office. Reporting to the manager, this position will be responsible for the inspection of existing bridges, culverts and retaining walls and preparation of associated reports.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide inspection and review of transportation structures including OSIM inspections, condition surveys, fatigue inspections, general visual inspections;
- Maintain written and photographic records;
- Prepare written reports on inspections including entering OSIM data into database;
- Supervise inspector’s assistants;
- Coordinate field activities with sib-contractor’s and stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience;
- Post-secondary education in a Civil Engineering or Structural discipline;
- Registered as a P.Eng. is an asset;
- Previous experience with bridge inspections;
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications;
- Ability to work in a team setting;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written);
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license is required;
- Must have taken MTO Bridge Inspection Course (Ontario Structure Inspection Manual - OSIM)
- Please note that all offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to permanently work in Canada for any employer.
Internal Staff Referrals - Career Link Level 2 Bonus