|Job # 41771: Production Planner
Job Code: #41771
Title: Production Planner
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
Date Posted: 07-Mar-2013
Have a look at this fantastic opportunity to be involved in some amazing projects. Make a difference and be part of a dynamic team and an industry leader. Located in the Stoney Creek area amongst a fast growing community.
Design Group Staffing has been contracted by an established company to identify, evaluate and place a Production Planner professional with experience that will stand out amongst their peers and who is seeking career growth opportunities.
Production Planner: Job Description: Working in cooperation with a Manufacturing Coordinator the Production Planner will schedule workflow and operations according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times. Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions. Make sure each operation meets shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
Duties/Responsibilities: 1. Analyze all work orders for shortages and develops schedules based on lead times.
2. Monitors the status of assigned work orders and projects, expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
3. Schedule, expedite and coordinates the delivery and movement of critical material, including material transfers and conditional material releases.
4. Prepare defined work packages as defined by the Manufacturing Coordinator, including detailed instructions, drawings, bill of materials, inspection requirements for each project or work order.
5. Construct and revise bill of material.
6. Revise and update production documents, procedures and drawings.
7. Prepare cost reports for production bills and operational expenses.
8. Support and initiate Lean Practices in 5S, Kaizen and continuous improvements, value stream mapping and visual controls.
Qualifications: Â· Detail oriented, accurate and efficient with strong problem solving and time management skills.
Â· Post Secondary education in material management or equivalent.
Â· 2-3 years of experience reading engineering drawings and creating bill of materials.
Â· Working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems. Microsoft Dynamics - Great Plains preferably.
Â· Experience or knowledge of industrial automation components.
Â· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Â· Experience Solid Edge or Solid Works Cad an asset.
Â· APICS certificate would be an asset.
Contact Information: If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and you meet the requirements above, please submit your updated resume in MS Word format to the attention of Michael Goulart via email at: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for responding. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please visit our website at www.dg.ca for all open jobs