The FTTx Hardware Sr. Product Line Specialist supports the execution of the development & delivery of high value, solution driven FTTx hardware, while maintaining market leadership & maximizing Corning’s profitability & growth
• Develops and vets product ideas
• Carries out / champions effective, timely product launches
• Develops and deploys effective product value propositions
• Lead interface for the CSR, engineering services, pioneers, and sales. Lead product line support to the customer as requested by sales. Gives expert advice on industry, customer, and regulatory standards and how their products perform against them.
• Assists internal teams in product, quality, and service issues to lead to a quick resolution for the customer, balancing the needs of Corning and the customer.
• Optimizes inventory management by coordinating information flow as needed between Forecasting, Sales, Manufacturing, and other parties.
• Identifies opportunities to reduce complexity and cost reduction in the manufacturing process both at Corning’s plant(s) and the customer site.
• Understands downstream market requirements and assesses competitive threats and implications for the business.
• Optimizes pricing levels by establishing pricing strategy, optimizing product premiums, and ensuring value received for product line.
• Proposes and execute lifecycle management activities.
• Develops and deploys promotions with sales and marketing.
• Creates short-term and long term forecasts within their responsibilities.
• Leads PLM elements of project bid and RFx responses.
• Participates in the development of the product line strategy.
• Executes the product line plan, including leadership or participation in critical projects to be undertaken for the year.
• Assists internal team in problem solving to lead the team to a quick resolution for the customer.
• Collect and distribute specialized reports and key product line metrics for analysis
Education and Qualification Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with Business or Technical Focus (MBA is a plus)
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a product management, business, engineering, manufacturing, marketing, or sales capacity within the telecom, datacom, or related industries.
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Cable Systems is a leading manufacturer of fiber optic and copper communications system solutions for voice, data and video network applications worldwide. Corning Cable Systems is wholly owned by Corning Incorporated.
Corning Cable Systems offers the broadest range of end-to-end fiber optic and copper product solutions for customers' telecommunications networks. Our customer-focused solutions include cables, connectors, and related hardware, and network services that include network design, project management, installation and maintenance, equipment rental and training programs. To know more about Corning Cable Systems, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems