|McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. is a progressive, employee-owned company with offices throughout Western Canada. In business since 1910, McElhanney provides exceptional engineering, planning, environmental, surveying and mapping services to its clients.
We are currently searching for the right person to join the busy team in our Kitimat, BC office as an Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and talented individual to use their design and project management skill in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Providing experienced and skilled design and management of projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design, construction and completion stages. Projects include: municipal, First Nations and large industrial
- Coordinating technical staff participating on project
- Coordinating the preparation of documents required for approvals
- Preparing development and construction cost estimates and tender documents and contracts
- Working with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with at least seven (7) years of experience with the design and construction of municipal infrastructure and land development projects, as well as considerable knowledge of municipal design standards, approval procedures and submission requirements
- Registered as a P.Eng. in good standing in BC, or eligibility to register as a P.Eng. in BC
- Proficiency in the application of specialized design software, including Civil 3D and AutoCAD, as well as other related software
- Valid BC driver’s license
- Demonstrated high level of productivity and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good teamwork and leadership abilities
Due to site entrance requirements, you will be required to undergo pre-employment and ongoing site access drug and alcohol testing.
About the Town of Kitimat:
Created as one of the first planned communities in North America and just minutes away from pristine wilderness, Kitimat was designed to highlight an abundance of green space through the use of crescents, cul-de-sacs and a network of paved, lighted walking paths. Residents of Kitimat enjoy year round indoor and outdoor recreational activities that include swimming, golfing, hiking, world class fishing, off-road motorsports, boating and skiing. In addition, the community has many organized sports and activities with a particular emphasis on soccer and hockey.
McElhanney offers highly competitive wages and excellent benefits, as well as a great work environment and continuous opportunities for development. If this is the opportunity for you, please apply through our Careers portal at www.mcelhanney.com/mcsl/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
McElhanney is an Employment Equity employer.