Job Title: Electrical Specialist
Location: Houston, Texas
Leading Houston based company has an immediate need for an Electrical Specialist for a permanent position in Central Houston.
- Meet or exceed the company's safety standards
- Comply with all company Procedures, Engineering Practices and other standards
- Provide electrical design support to capital and service projects in a fast paced EPC company environment
- Design of HV, MV and LV electrical systems, including both power and instrumentation wiring and power distribution/sub-station design
- Application of company and industry standards to generate E&I construction packages
- Develop detailed wiring diagrams, instrument/lighting/grounding plan drawings, electrical schematics, cable tray/conduit sizing, cable selection
- Work closely with Electrical Engineers to achieve project success
- Check work performed by Electrical Designers
- Associate degree in Electronics, Electrical Design, or Design Technology.
Detailed knowledge of electrical design including MV/LV schematics, wiring diagrams, plan drawings, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical and wiring design in relation industrial gas processing and co-generation in accordance with industry standards (ie ISA, NEC, IEC etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of various industry standard tools for cable selection/sizing and electrical components for industrial processing plants.
- Proficiency in AutoCad, SmartPlant/SmartPlant Electrical
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Access.
*Full job description upon request