WBB is a leading solutions provider for Federal U.S. Government agencies who have difficult mission critical challenges. We are passionate, elite consultants with deep industry knowledge and we deliver value-added products on time that help our clients cut costs, manage resources and optimize performance. Our proven track record, our customized, innovative products and our promise to deliver highly qualified consultants.
- The Network Engineer is responsible for performance in:
- Deployment, operations and support of enterprise wide area network, local area network, wireless, storage and enterprise server systems.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in cabling infrastructure, hardware, OS platforms, directory services, database, application, remote access, web, file, print, voice, messaging and collaboration servers, systems management tools, business continuity, security, and other associated infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and technical support to other engineers and IT staff. Provide expert third-level escalation support to IT's customers as needed.
- Responsible for leading projects as assigned. Deliver project objectives on time, on budget and according to defined scope. Executes assigned tasks on projects managed by others.
- Work with vendors, other IT staff and business customers on local and wide-area network, server, storage and applications implementation, optimization and management.
- Design, implement, document and maintain business continuity infrastructure to appropriately protect global IT capabilities, in a manner consistent with the defined business case for doing so.
- Maintain technical expertise in networks, storage systems, virtualization technology, Microsoft server platforms, systems management tools and best-practices. Remain current with ongoing developments in the IT infrastructure field.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of IT infrastructure documentation. Help drive a consistent set of standards for equipment, configuration and operational procedures.
- Responsible for the enterprise network and data security strategy, security architecture, risk and vulnerability management, security incident response, and execution of security initiatives.
- Ensure that applications, systems, and networks supporting the WBB business lines are implemented and maintained in a secure manner.
- Expertise with Cisco LAN, WAN and firewall equipment, OS and management tools. Solid knowledge and experience with competitive platforms and tools. Expertise with wireless LAN technologies.
- Expertise with Intel-based hardware, VMware Enterprise virtualization technology (including vSphere VC, SRM, HA, DRS, VCB, VDR) and current Microsoft server systems, management tools and best-practices.
- Experience building high-availability infrastructure along with disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities. Solid knowledge and experience with SANs and storage systems. Experience with EMC Storage systems preferred.
- Experience in the development, recommendation and implementation of enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements and generally accepted information security controls.
- Bachelors’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology and 4+ years of experience relevant to the network engineering field or,
- Significant equivalent and relevant experience in the network engineering field (6+ years).
- MINIMUM CLEARANCE REQUIRED: None required.
- Secret clearance is desired.
- Relevant industry certification(s) are highly desirable (CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/CCIE).
Primary Location: United States- Reston
Travel: Occasional to other sites
We are proud of our diverse environment, Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.