Quality Manager - Automotive
Serve as liaison and interface with Philips' plants and warehouses in order to communicate quality requirements to enable Philips Automotive Lighting to sell to Automotive OEMs (car manufacturers) or their suppliers (Tier I, II, III), or other PALNA (Philips Automotive Lighting North America) customers. Must have working technical knowledge of electronics, including lighting and LEDs. Must have solid experience with circuit board assembly, failure mode analysis and troubleshooting electronic board level failures.
1. Interface with our customers' (Automotive, OEMs and/or suppliers) quality engineers in order to understand their quality requirements for our products.
Ensure clear and timely issue communication to the appropriate Philips' facilities, and appropriate feedback to the customer.
2. Responsible to respond and ensure resolution of all customer issues relating to quality regarding our products. Reviews quality trends, tracks the root cause of problems and coordinates corrective actions.
Audit and verify corrective actions taken at Philips' plants.
Ensure documentation created at plant is appropriate for automotive customer's expectations.
Communicate all trend, and customer satisfaction (score card) data to appropriate individuals at plants and within PALNA.
Initiate, maintain, and ensure correctness of timely failure / customer concern data.
Verify Monthly Quality Metric data/report as accurate, and correct.
Ensure all customer complaints are in the SAP system, and the PALNA excel system, or other company needed system on a timely basis to maintain proper reporting timing and accuracy.
3. Identify customer-packaging requirements and communicate to packaging engineers. Responsible to ensure PALNA packaging meets JIT, bar coding, and logistics standards.
4. Responsible to obtain and understand QS9000/TS16949 quality requirements and coordinate certification to Philips' factories.
Ensure internal audits happen timely, and follow up for all action items.
Ensure 3rd party audit is arranged and performed in required timing.
5. Respond to customer inquiries regarding FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DVPR (Design Verification Plan Report), and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process).
6. Reporting to the top management on the performance of the Quality Management Systems and any need for improvements.
7. Ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
8. Develop creative practice, procedure and policy improvements for the PALNA systems. Ensure that all Polices and Procedures pertinent to this position are maintained and go through continuous improvement.
9. Works in accordance with principles of ICS and TS16949 and assists in realizing departmental objectives with respect to the Quality Management System.
A bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related engineering field is required.
Hands-on experience as a quality engineer supporting semiconductor and computer board products is required.
Experience with circuit board assembly, failure mode analysis and troubleshooting electronic board level failures is required
5-10 years of professional related experience required.
Lighting and LED experience is strongly preferred.
Experience in the automotive industry a plus.
The position must be located in Farmington Hills, MI.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Quality - Product
Primary Location United States-Michigan-Farmington Hills
Organization NA Commercial Automotive-50015680
Travel-Yes, 25 % of the Time