|Are you interested in an innovative company? Look no further!
Honeywell International is a $37 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining.
Honeywell PMT is currently seeking a Construction Manager for their Shreveport, LA location.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development of the field staffing plan (on large projects).
• Assist in the development of the project schedule.
• Review project scope, look for complimentary and or conflicting projects. The
construction coordinator may be the one that recognizes this as they are the common
point from engineering and the plant on multiple projects.
• Evaluate permit requirements.
• Labor staffing availability.
• Plant outage requirements.
• Review "Project Execution Document".
• Assist in cost estimating.
• Take part in the cost estimate review session.
• Conduct periodic design/constructability reviews at the design house (large projects or
• Lead constructability effort per PMT procedure PCT 0201. Assist in developing
• Review field construction bid packages.
• Evaluate contractors and services.
• Participate in pre-bid walks and assist in evaluating bids.
• Assist in answering construction related pre bid RFI's (request for information) from
• Take part in the bid review for field construction packages.
• Enter requisitions or notify PM for field material shorts.
CONSTRUCTION FIELD SUPERVISION (PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY)
• Lead pre-construction meeting with successful contractor(s).
• Answer or facilitate answering all contractor RFI's (request for information).
• Assist with maintenance of stored equipment.
• Help acquire stored, project provided material as needed by contractor or maintenance.
• Single point of contact for contractors.
• Daily coordination of construction activities with contractors, operations, I/E
construction, and maintenance, be the liaison between operations, maintenance and
other contractors on site.
• First line QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control), coordinate with plant or
external resources as needed.
• Gather daily construction reports from contractor and or maintenance to include
information on weather, crew make-up, and daily, major, achievements (see "Daily
• Coordinate project tie-in work with the plant.
• Report weekly highlights to the project engineer including digital field pictures.
• Under direction of the project manager, lead the final field activities required to close a
project (i.e. any construction related changes).
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL:
• Assure all work meets safety and environmental regulations and procedures; facilitate
"Life Critical" permits for contractors assuring proper notification and signatures of
proper plant personnel (LOTO (lock-out/tag-out), Hot Work, Line Break, Confined
Space, and Critical Lifts).
• Assure contractors are trained on any site specific procedures (i.e., Fall Protection and
• Report monthly manpower numbers for safety.
• Confirm on-site construction personnel meet the site/company security and safety
• Perform periodic safety audits/STAs/JSAs per PMT and site procedures.
• Witness and document contractor toolbox safety meetings.
• Participate in incident reviews involving contractors.
• Report Incidents to plant safety, Regional Construction Lead, and the Project
• Coordinate independent contractor schedule milestones to maintain the overall project
• Drive construction schedule effort.
• Report schedule deviations to the Project Engineer/Manager.
• Conduct 2 week schedule look-a-head meetings, ensure required materials are available.
• Assure the use of and approve EWO’s (Extra Work Orders) per PMT procedure PCT
• Review EWO's being a "reality" check for cost and overall value.
• Track EWO's as a percent of base contract amount.
• Generate and report field "Cost Trend" log information.
• Track costs, control dollars spent on work orders, close work orders at job completion.
• Initiate contract change orders.
• Do the initial review of progress payment invoices and estimate percent.
• BS in Engineering or Construction Management required.
• Minimum 8 years construction management experience in similar industries required.
• Prefer a minimum of two years of experience managing projects in the $50MM range
• Experience using SAP is desired.
• Track record of successfully supporting the similar size organization and investment.
• Six Sigma Greenbelt (or Blackbelt) certification or equivalent experience implementing
productivity/continuous improvement projects is desired.
• Customer Focused: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal
and external customers.
• Agent for Change: Not satisfied with the status quo; Willingness to take strong and
effective action to reduce cost, improve quality and shorten cycle time; Committed to
continuous improvement; Recommend and develop innovative processes.
• Interpersonal skills: Relates well to all levels and kinds of people; Able to build
appropriate rapport; Listens well.
• Self-starter; Results driven; Anticipates/initiates and implements solutions; proactive.
• Action Oriented: Full of energy for the things that need to be accomplished; Bias for
action; Decision-maker, Team player.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work in
a team environment.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Please email resume to Shana.Reese@Honeywell.com