Lilly is the 10 th largest pharmaceutical company in the world, and has been creating medicines that help improve peoples' quality of life for more than 135 years. Across the globe, we are a leader in investing in research and development and we also invest in our employees – in competitive salaries, training and development, and health.
The pharmaceutical industry is a complex, rapidly changing environment and we are looking for highly capable leaders to help us continue bringing innovation to patients.
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Lilly, we encourage you to review the following opportunity:
• Responsible for machine maintenance and set-up activities on packaging/assembly equipment consisting of UV curing, vision systems, laser marking stations, conveyors, robotics and other pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment currently in service.
• This role is expected to infuse equipment uptime, line efficiency and increase overall equipment effectiveness in a production environment by condition monitoring, troubleshooting and assisting in engineering changes.
• Work within the production team to provide the support required to meet goals of safety, quality, uptime and quantity.
• Identify specific equipment signals/measurements that will improve the PM program’s success rate measured by reduced unscheduled maintenance.
• Develop repair part lists with specific inventory levels given historical demand, supplier lead-time, component costs, and risk to business stoppage.
• Responsible for proactive reliability plan.
• Responsible for completing work orders to make sure the work was performed and documented according to GMP standards.
• Working in a safe manner is expected in this role.
• Help develop troubleshooting guides to promote runtime.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE Corporate and Site Goal
• High School Degree or GED
• Machine maintenance experience.
• Knowledge and compliance with safety requirements.
• Ability to solve problems.
• Computer skills required = Outlook e-mail, Word, Excel.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position s.
• Associate Degree preferred
• Journeyman trade or equivalent experience preferred.
• Maintenance Mechanic certification or training preferred.
• Knowledge of GMP’s and procedures preferred.
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment with a focus on compact machines preferred.
• Must be able to work well with team members.
• Must be customer focused.
• Must have good documentation skills.
• Must have good communication skills
• Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
• Position is 3-2-2-3 shift (day or night yet to be determined) which could change due to business needs. The Maintenance Mechanic must be flexible to cover other shifts if needed.
• Some overtime will be required as needed to support weekend manufacturing, building shutdowns, and emergency work.
• Some allergens may be present in the plant. Mobility requirements and exposure to allergens should be considered when applying for this position.
• Must be able to comply with customer gowning requirements
ELI LILLY AND COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER