Job Code: 2713_MECH_WI
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Duration: 12+ months
Main Skill: Experience with lithium / ion battery development
Our client is looking for a mechanical engineer for their project in Milwaukee, WI. Project duration is at least one year and the rate is currently open for negotiation. If youÆre interested please send me your resume as a word attachment and I will forward it to our client for immediate review.
We're looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work under the direction of the Mechanical Launch Systems Manager. The purpose of this position is to create designs to meet customers' needs, to coordinate product development to meet timelines, to support product launches in the plant, and to maintain engineering changes of production products.
- Review product requirements.
- Support lithium-ion battery system and sub-system design and development working with a team of engineers from different disciplines including electrical, systems, thermal, software, manufacturing and validation.
- Specify and design multiple mechanical components and sub-assemblies using Solid Works CAD system - including formed metal parts, injection molded rubber/plastic components, labels, machined/cast metal parts, structural items, fans, fasteners, gaskets, clips, and other hardware.
- Prepare technical drawings of components and assemblies.
- Create packaging studies for new product development including customer vehicle integration.
- Conduct and make iterations for FEA and CFD analysis, validation testing, and result interpretation in the areas of Vibration Durability, Mechanical Shock, Crashworthiness, and General Structural Engineering.
- Implement design for manufacturability (DFM) to ensure that the design of components optimizes the manufacturing and assembly process. Ensure that the design of components facilitates handling throughout the product life cycle from shipping through disassembly and recycling.
- Perform dimensional stacks and apply GD&T to components and/or assemblies as directed.
- Prepare Engineering Documentation including DFMEA's, Evaluations, Test Requests, and Test Reports as directed.
- Supports Test Plans (DVP&R) and testing.
- Support assigned ongoing activities for cost reduction of components and assemblies.
- Work with suppliers to support product procurement and open engineering issues.
- Participate in team meetings to support program development.
- Support product quality through APQP.
- Support prototype and pre-production assembly builds.
- Basic understanding of electrical and general thermal engineering.
- Solid Work Experience.
- CAE Tools Experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office Products such as excel, power point, project, and word.
- Applied Solid Modeling (CAD) Experience at least 1 year.
- Heavy in experience in CAD
- BS Degree or higher in Mechanical, Automotive or Industrial Engineering
- Certifications are a great advantage