|We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to immediately fill a position onsite with one of our successful automotive manufacturing clients, located in the San Antonio, TX area.
Duties will include:
Project Management – Lower cost and decrease project time by planning and tracking progress by equipment / process.
• Manage equipment task list and schedule.
• Manage equipment budget.
• Track vendor design, fabrication and installation activities.
• Supervise and coordinate contractors in field work environment
• Interface with contractors/skilled trades, affiliate companies, engineers and equipment manufacturers
• Make countermeasures for timely completion of project deadlines
• Provide updates/reports to management
Investigation – Lower cost and decrease project time by identifying problems/concerns at earliest stages, prior to equipment procurement.
• Review historical information for equipment. [Downtime, Maintenance required, previous punchlist, Ergo]
• Recommend changes to vehicle / part design to improve Safety/Ergo, Quality and Productivity
• Investigate impact to processing and equipment based upon vehicle and parts changes.
• Determine impact to processes and equipment.
• Determine concept for processing and equipment changes
• Investigate concept to confirm results
Develop Spec – Lower cost and decrease project time by specificying standard equipment for similar processes. Focus on simple / slim design. Utilize client's established standards for design guidance.
• Develop equipment specifications for new equipment or modification to existing equipment.
• Investigate equipment at other NAMCs for standardization.
• Prepare written specification detailing requirements, roles and responsibilities, and schedule.
• Arrange and hold bid meetings
• Review and recommend bid acceptance [or clarifications].
Confirmation – Confirm changes meet needs for Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost Targets.
• Plan and review trials.
• Confirm equipment during offline trials/ online trials.
• Confirm Quality results [torque, volume, mutilation, etc…]
• Confirm Productivity results [cycletime, ergo, flow, etc…]
• Develop and negotiate countermeasures as needed.
•2-Years working in Manufacturing Plant
•3-Years experience with Autocad
Travel: <40% Travel to support Assembly Plants within North America
This position has full benefits available. Salary is dependent upon experience.
For consideration, forward resume to email@example.com
Thinkpath Engineering Services, LLC., provides engineering services in North America. Its engineering and design services include design engineering, FEA, and forensic engineering services; computer-aided design services, including scanning, digitizing and vectorization, file conversion, database development and management, and solid/3D modeling; engineering, technical publication, Instructional Systems Design, eLearning systems and project management; and catalogues, translations, data conversion, and database management services.