|Job #41085: Chief Inspector
Job Code: #41085
Title: Chief Inspector
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Calgary, AB
Date Posted: 20-Dec-2012
Design Group Energy Division is looking to secure a dynamic and self- motivated Chief Inspector. Working in partnership with our respected mid-size oil & gas client, a leading Western Canadian producer, we are looking to secure a Chief Inspector that has a 5 or more year’s direct experience in pressure equipment integrity management.
Based in Calgary but managing an integrity program(s) in Alberta and Saskatchewan the successful incumbent will
Report to the Team Lead, Integrity Engineering and you will be responsible for: · The effectiveness of our clients’ Alberta Pressure Equipment Integrity Management Program (PEIMP) and Saskatchewan Quality Management Program (QMS) by ensuring that the quality control requirements of the program are met as well as ensuring corporate compliance with all regulatory requirements in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
· You will also be responsible for setting inspection intervals, reviewing inspection reports, developing repair plans and ensuring qualifications are met for contractors involved with the pressure equipment program.
Qualifications:· Must have a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in pressure equipment integrity management and shall possess a valid “In-service Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification” as issued by ABSA and have or be able to be certified as a Pressure Equipment Inspector Class 1 or 2 in the province of Saskatchewan (TSASK).
· Must have one of the following: An American Petroleum Institute 510 Certification or National Board Certification.
· Must have a B.Sc. in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Welding, Corrosion, Civil, Chemical or Processing Engineering or Technical Diploma from a 2 year full-time program in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Welding, Corrosion, Civil, Chemical or Processing Engineering or a First Class Power Engineer’s Certificate of Competency.
· A firm understanding of applicable codes and standards such as the Jurisdictional Authority Safety Codes Act and provincial regulations, CSA B51 Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Piping Code, ASME design codes (I, II, IV, V, VIII, IX, B31.1, B31.3, B16.5, B16.34), API 510, 570, 572, 574, 576, NACE 0175.
· Demonstrate proven experience in supporting a Pressure Equipment Integrity Management Program and in supporting Management of Change Process.
· Efficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and email.
In addition to technical expertise the candidate should be able to demonstrate through your career path and experiences competencies applicable to the position: · Ability to pro-actively coordinate work and execution plans in the area of equipment integrity management.
· The role requires a self-motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to lead, motivate and coach quality control requirements for the Pressure Equipment Integrity Management Program.
· Planning and organizational skills are critical. Ability to develop a plan as a means of communicating intent and directing resources.
· Drives for results both personally and from the team. Ability to anticipate problems and plan ahead for resolution. Problem management in an analytical manner and with a cool head to the satisfaction of the main stakeholders.
On offer is a dynamic, team-oriented and individually rewarding working environment. A very competitive compensation package, including; bonus, short and long-term incentives.
Those who satisfy the above requirements and are interested in applying for this position are invited to send their resume quoting competition #41085 to Rick Turenne firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates considered for further review will be contacted directly. All other resumes will be kept on file for future consideration. Thank you for applying