FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual with high energy, ambition, and a desire for personal and professional growth. This position will drive commercialization and implementation of FMC’s PerNOxide NOx control technology into the utility, industrial boiler, and industrial processes market sectors. The individual will work closely with the APC business unit manager in the development and execution of strategic plans to drive the technology to commercialization and then into full scale implementations. The individual is expected to play a key role in the development and execution of the strategy and tactics necessary for FMC to grow its sales in all market segments, focusing first on the utility market segment. The individual will be responsible for identifying and qualifying prospects, and developing and implementing a strategy for conversion from prospects to customers.
Sales and Market Development
• Develop an understanding of the PerNOxide technology for NOx control and how it applies to coal fired boiler and industrial processes.
• Working with APC Manager, develop sales and marketing strategy and its implementation. Update as needed.
• Identify prospects and make technical sales presentations to promote prospect understanding of PerNOxide and how it can apply as a cost effective solution for their NOx emissions compliance strategy. Continue to develop relationships with individuals within prospect organization and its consultant organization.
• Participate in industry trade shows and technical conferences in order to establish FMC market presence and brand products through exhibitions and technical presentations.
• Develop and submit demonstrations trial proposals for prospects. Oversee the execution of the demonstration trials, data analysis, and reports.
• Negotiate contracts and sales agreements with customers.
• Participate in budgeting, forecasting, and capital planning.
• Achieve product line sales and profitability objectives.
• Work with government affairs personnel to determine how proposed and new regulations affect customer needs. Develop and implement strategies to take advantage of opportunities brought about by the environmental regulations.
• Practice and promote safe workplace practices in support of our worldwide policy on health safety, security, and environment.
• Maintain a deep level of of expertise that ensures early identification of new trends and rapid response to these trends. Lead identification, business case justification, and program development for new market driven products/applications
• Develop a sustainable pipeline of sales and growth opportunities. Prioritize based on market potential and technical viability.
• Utilize up to date knowledge about FMC products, current and potential applications, and handling and dispensing equipment to support customer needs.
• Identify and understand technical/economic issues and secure resources necessary to address them.
• Build relationships and communicate regularly with R&D and technical resources/organizations to optimize product capabilities and value to customers.
• Provide customer training and education in support of customer use of products and/or development of new products.
• Maintain and update the understanding of EPA and state regulations as they pertain to customers and prospects and to the FMC offerings to those customers and prospects.
• Develop a working knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of competitive technologies that impact the FMC objectives.
• Oversee and support field trials at customer sites.
• Collaborate with the APC business manager to develop direct marking activities and literature to increase product awareness and sales.
• Prepare estimates of near and far future sales forecast for Product Managers to be used for manufacturing and logistics requirements.
• Prepare and deliver technical sales presentations to customers, prospects, and consultants.
• Prepare and deliver technical papers at conferences, symposiums, and workshops.
• Communicate air pollution challenges, unmet needs, and competitive developments to management in order to effectively hone business strategy and FMC value to customers.
• Communicate effectively at all different levels and functions of prospect’s and customer’s organization.
• Bachelors degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering preferred
• 10+ years experience in sales and/or service in air pollution control market.
• 5+ years experience selling into the coal fired power generation market.
• Strong technical and sales knowledge of overall air pollution control industry, preferably NOx control technologies.
• Experience in development,commercialization and implementation of new technologies and their introduction into the marketplace.
• Ability to network within APC industry with all stakeholders. Good industry contacts are a strong plus.
• Proven track record of sales growth and development of new accounts.
• Demonstrated ability to write and present clear, organized and informative sales and business communications and presentations.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, facilitation, project management, and follow up experience.
FMC employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world where we use advanced technologies in research and development, mining, and manufacturing to produce customized products and applications. Our offerings provide important sustainable benefits, including increased agricultural production, better foods and medicines, advanced energy storage, and cleaner water, air and soil.
FMC employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career. FMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug-free workplace. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.