Senior Product Engineer - Engineer - CNG Compressors - CSA - Cleveland, OH 44114
Please apply by e-mail to:
Ecowise LLC, () located on the east side of Cleveland and a member of the Dan T. Moore Company portfolio of companies, is a green energy company with a goal of making Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) the green transportation fuel for today. Ecowise green products include a CNG Home Vehicle Refueling Appliance (VRA) and NatGasCar CNG conversion systems. These products are designed to enable the adoption of a clean burning, cost effective, and domestically abundant natural gas as an alternate fuel for cars and trucks. Join Ecowise and help provide key solutions to reducing US energy dependency on foreign oil by eliminating the major barriers to the widespread adoption of CNG as a clean alternative vehicle transportation fuel.
The Senior Product Engineer is responsible for design, development, testing and production of the mechanical systems including compressor, motor, and packaging of the Home Vehicle Refueling Appliance (VRA) intended for home and small fleet applications. Given clear objectives and working with a small team of professionals, the Senior Product Engineer will identify, schedule and perform all product life cycle mechanical engineering tasks. The position will require the individual to apply standard engineering techniques, follow implied and specified safety and design standards, and create an organizational plan to accomplish goals.
Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manages all aspects of design, engineering, prototyping and manufacture of mechanical systems for Home Vehicle Refueling Appliances (VRA’s) using design tools such as Solid works CAD system. and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis. May assist with CNG vehicle conversion kit development
- Formulates plans and implements changes to drive continuous product and product line improvements using input from both internal and external channels. Makes revisions to current compressor design, creates 2D drawings for product manufacturing and maintains the engineering change system
- Works closely with Engineering Technician to design fixtures and tooling for testing and production assembly
- Authors and leads the design validation, durability and reliability testing using automation and data acquisition tools. Develops and performs agency certification product testing
- Aides and indentifies outside vendors that can help meet and exceed the goals and objectives of the company.
- Maintains and updates the Bill of Materials (BOM) for all current and future projects created and developed by the company
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal, state and local code requirements and applies knowledge to design and development of the company’s products and systems
- Interacts with product safety testing & certified laboratory organizations such as UL and CSA to obtain product certification
- Assists with orchestrating all aspects of system, product, and infrastructure program management. This will include green field development of manufacturing location, engineering CNG conversion kits, and development of CNG compressor
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
5+ years of experience as a product development engineer and/or systems program manager. Previous mechanical design and product support experience with rotating components/machinery, compressors, or small engines highly desired. Formal exposure to other departments such as manufacturing, procurement & supply, and quality will be considered a plus.
Has the ability to handle multiple complex problems and deliver results in a timely manner. In order to meet deadlines the candidate must possess strong organizational skills utilizing standard program management skills. In addition mechanical aptitude and an understanding of vehicle system is a plus.
Key success factors for this position:
- Demonstrate product development skills including experimental design, data acquisition (preferably LabVIEW), concept development, design, stress analysis, tolerance stack-up, prototyping, design-for-manufacturability and safety assessment.
- A strong working knowledge and experience with CAD (preferably Solid works) to design and produce 3D models and corresponding 2D drawings
- Working knowledge of machining, casting and finishing processes.
- A basic understanding of electro-mechanical systems with motors, sensors and electronic controls.
- Basic understanding of material properties and the criteria for selecting materials for the application.
- Design for Six Sigma and generating PFMEA’s, FMEA’s, Process Flow Diagrams, and Control Plans
Ecowise LLC is looking for a candidate that can contribute to our success and understands the flexibility required in a newly formed organization. What will set a candidate apart from the rest of the applicants is the ability to show a passion for innovation, internal drive and the willingness to wear many hats as you grow with the company.
Qualified candidates should submit their R esume , Cover letter , Salary History and Salary Requirments to: