Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Production Supervisor opening to join our Amana Manufacturing organization.
What You Will Do
• Responsible for assigned area in production facility; lead subordinates (typically 50-100 hourly employees) in attainment of all S.Q.D.C. (safety, quality, delivery, cost) goals and objectives.
• Drive continuous improvement through utilization of Lean Sigma and MDI (managing for daily improvement) tools and techniques.
• Lead team in a manner consistent with maintaining sound labor relations; leadership in full accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
• Responsible for corrective/preventative actions in response to daily safety, product quality and product delivery issues.
• Assists in determining immediate and future manpower, tooling and equipment requirements.
• Demonstrate leadership through development of Team Leaders in the area to help drive daily work and long term improvements
• Assure all team members receive appropriate training relative to daily work assignments and plant operating procedures and policies.
• Conducts/participates in daily communication meetings with both the departmental teams and management teams.
What You Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent experience required.
• Ability to work any shift as business needs require
• Must possess strong leadership/supervisory experience.
• 3 to 5 years related experience required.
• Strong understanding of Lean manufacturing techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively and independently organize and prioritize department needs.
• Experience working in durable goods manufacturing environment and union experience is a plus
• PC proficiency utilizing MS Office and Lotus Notes.
• Must value diversity of ideas, opinions, experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives needed to foster a competitive global business environment.
Please send your resumes to: Nicolas.Trujillo@kenexa.com and Raffaela.Bonfim@kenexa.com
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.