Join us in accelerating the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. At MathWorks, we cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
As a Program Manager at MathWorks, you will be responsible for developing insightful, value-added, accurate, and dependable analyses of program-related metrics for tracking and reporting status to the rest of the development team. In addition, your curiosity, creativity, imagination, and program management experience will help you identify, expose, and mitigate potential problems and inefficiencies that others might not immediately recognize. You will work as part of an overall program management team and will interface with multiple internal groups (Software Engineering, Quality Engineering, Usability, Documentation, etc.).
- Partner with software development teams and help them plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on their strategic goals and objectives.
- Perform program analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate program status and activities across multiple levels of management.
- Continuously assess and improve the processes that comprise the software development lifecycle and mentor/coach other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or related field
- 7 years experience managing complex technical projects interfacing with software engineering and testing teams
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management
- Master’s degree in technical or related field
- Experience in developing commercial software products
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Able to help others estimate content and amount of work by asking questions, analyzing data, and challenging assumptions to help clarify thinking, ensuring all work is included in the artifact
- Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them.
- Experience with MATLAB Products