|My client utilizes more than 60 different copper-based alloys to produce specialized sheet and strip products for a variety of end uses. Primary markets for their high-performance products include automotive, microelectronic, and communication interconnects, as well as a long history in the supply of standard alloys in the manufacture of ammunition, coinage, and builders’ hardware. They draw strength and success from the dedication of their employees, many of whom have spent decades working in our industry. We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Services Supervisor.
Purpose of Role
Supervises an electrical maintenance crew involved in the maintenance and installation of electrical, electronic and PLC equipment and systems. Responsible for implementing and setting priorities for the preventive maintenance program. Responsible for selection, training, evaluation, discipline, motivation and safety of the electrical maintenance team. Familiar with a variety of the electrical maintenance field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. Accountable for employee compliance with safety procedures.
• Utilizing MOS process plans, implements and directs work activities/plans/schedules and assesses shift performance for maintenance activities for equipment in area of responsibility
• Instructs and coaches employees in the proper maintenance and safety procedures for each position under his supervision. Emphasis and drives proper trouble shooting methodology for solving problems and reporting corrective actions taken.
• Establishes and enforces performance levels and expectations in areas of safety, quality, productivity and communications.
• Supports and encourages employee involvement in continuous improvement activities including Safety Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, TPM and Maintenance Excellence activities.
• Confirms conformance to maintenance plans and procedures including PM and proactive maintenance specifications.
• Assists in the troubleshooting process to assure identification and resolution of maintenance issues to maintain productivity, product quality and minimizing equipment downtime.
• Audits work of personnel on a periodic basis to ensure all personnel are performing jobs to which they are assigned
• Asks personnel on a frequent basis about the hazards associated with any given job that they are performing in-order to create a habit pattern of Job Safety Analysis.
1. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Technical Field with a minimum of five years experience or equivilent electrical maintenance supervision experience required. A bachelor's degree is perferred.
2. Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills on industrial equipment.
3. Strong Electrical/Electronic/PLC background, experience and training in a manufacturing environment.
4. Direct management of maintenance crafts on manufacturing machinery and equipment.
5. Significant experience in Lean Manufacturing/TPM Implementation desired.
6. Strong communication and leadership skills with hands on experience in the maintenance of industrial machinery and equipment.
If you are interested in a dynamic career with competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, please send in your resume along with a cover letter – in your cover please explain your experience with Lean Manufacturing, TPM & Maintenance Excellence, your troubleshooting skills along with your experience in Electrical and Electronic PLC.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Mills@1SourceandAssociates.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V