Must be a P eng with Lean six sigma Black Belt
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer Manager will be responsible for leading and directing the development and deployment of manufacturing opportunities. To measure, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods for continuous improvement and growth initiatives. The manager will assume the overall responsibility of managing staff, projects and initiatives to control core business-operating costs, quality, process capability and efficiency.
Duties of this position:
- Propagate our culture of excellence and positive collaboration where results are expected and rewarded and are achieved by working closely together and having fun.
- Maintain a safe working environment by aligning with corporate safety rules and regulations, and ensuring a culture of safety
- Develop team members so they are prepared for the frequent opportunities for advancement that come with accelerated growth.
- Create and maintain successful working relationships across other functional areas of the organization, suppliers and customers. Act as a liaison between departments.
- Motivate team members, establish objectives, execute necessary performance management tasks, and adopt and disseminate skill development strategies to team members
- Establishing and Implementing Manufacturing Improvements
- Identify opportunities to improve safety and operational efficiency. Develop methods and ensure resources are in place to meet requirements.
- Plan, develop and analyze process modifications for continuous improvement, downtime, efficiency, first time quality, and material variance
- Prioritize and track opportunities. Provide and present recommendations on most appropriate and cost effective solutions. Opportunities are to be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely.
- Direct, facilitate and implement methods of improvement. Lead, participate and complete individual and collaborative projects, Use proven methods around problem solving to lower costs, increase quality, advance capability, improve efficiency and ensure continues improvement.
- Coordinate compliance with and reporting for Lean Enterprise (SMS) and corporate optimization programs.
- Manage routine manufacturing activities such as specifications, safe guards, bill of materials, process controls, and reports. Identify redundancies, deficiencies and operational improvements.
Required Qualifications and Competencies for the Position:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to achieve measurable results in a positive, collaborative, and fun environment.
- Proven leadership abilities and past coaching and mentoring success. Ability to lead through vision and values Extensive experience leading and developing improvement projects.
- Demonstrated extensive problem solving, risk management and quality or process improvement tools and experience.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, and presentation.
- Must possess strong team player/leadership skills and the ability to work with all levels of the Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or similar discipline
- Eligible for registration with APEGGA
- 10 years of lean manufacturing, plant engineering and/or project management experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated ability to use analytical skills to solve engineering problems.
- Experience leading capital projects, conducting financial analysis for the project to determine cost savings and feasibility and managing large strategic projects.