|Job Title: Relay Protection and Control Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
• Responsible for the relay protection & control engineering including detailed design for high voltage substation and transmission projects through 500kV. Depending upon complexity of the project, the candidate may prepare, provide guidance, or assist in preparing and developing the engineering deliverables for electric substation projects - including the development of one & three line diagrams; schematics and wiring diagrams; relay settings and calculations; control and relaying panel layouts and specifications; control and relaying panel and equipment wiring diagrams; SCADA system and communications interfaces including RTUs, HMIs, and IEDs; auxiliary system design including batteries and chargers, AC & DC load centers, conduit and cable sizing, backup generator sizing (UPS); commissioning and functional testing specifications; and the overall bill of materials. Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design package and requirements. Other duties include developing technical specifications, development of project design basis, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, directing the flow of drafting and designer duties, insuring design schedules are met, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer. Responsible for handling multiple projects and providing a detailed design package that complies with applicable engineering design standards and all safety codes.
Under minimal supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
• engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• effective oral and written communication skills
• accurate records and files
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Graduate of four year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
• 8 to 10 years experience as a practicing engineer or state registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Proficient in engineering theories and principles.
• Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Registered Professional Engineer
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Proficient in principles of project management
• Experience in the utility industry
Interested Candidates, click “Apply Now”, or contact the MISource office at the number listed below. Be sure to reference Job Number 16001
MISource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. MISource utilizes E-Verify.
At MISource Inc., we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the MISource staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.misource.com.