MMM Group is passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer û one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development; along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; and the opportunity to make a difference.
Be Challenged. Be Known. Be Among Friends.
Our HR team has an immediate opportunity for a full-time permanent Recruiter for Western Canada, located in our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager for Western Canada, and working closely with the HR Advisor and HR Coordinator, your primary responsibility will be to provide full-cycle recruiting support to the business, helping to develop and implement recruitment strategies and ensuring qualified candidates are identified to meet current and future needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Partner with HR team members and hiring managers to understand short and long-term recruitment needs, and develop and implement recruitment strategies customized to meet the unique needs of specific business units in Western Canada.
- Leverage your recruitment expertise and relationship-building skills to effectively attract active and passive job candidates.
- Use a variety of techniques to source candidates, including but not limited to: referrals, networking, internal database searches, on-line searches, internet postings, job/career fairs, social media, open houses and user/technical groups.
- Provide full-cycle recruitment support, including working with recruitment agencies (when applicable) and assisting hiring managers in creating job postings, sourcing candidates, pre-screening, interviewing, conducting reference checks, and preparing offers of employment and new hire packages.
- Post jobs on our ATS and other online recruitment websites.
- Develop metrics to identify and track candidate interest, placement and mobility.
- Manage employee referrals for assigned job openings.
- Manage campus recruitment strategies for assigned business units.
- Provide coaching and training to hiring managers on topics such as interviewing skills.
- Partner with Office Services to coordinate and deliver new hire orientation.
- Partner with other HR team members to participate in and deliver various HR initiatives and projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience recruiting technical, engineering or professional staff, preferably in medium or large-sized Engineering, Construction or Oil & Gas companies.
- HR generalist experience in addition to the recruitment experience would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation for assigned provinces.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a high volume and deadline-oriented environment, and work on multiple positions simultaneously.
- Familiarity with international recruitment and the process of applying for an LMO or other work permits.
- Strong behavioural interviewing skills.
- Ability to show initiative and work well independently.
- Professionalism, internal customer focus, and excellent communication skills.
- Very strong attention to details, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Resilience and ability to deliver results on multiple and competing priorities.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and ATS.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internal Staff Referrals - Career Link Level 2 Bonus. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to permanently work in Canada for any employer.