|Encompass Digital Media is seeking a RF Engineer Apprentice. The RF Engineer Apprentice position is an entry-level, temporary training position responsible for providing help in designing and building of RF systems under the supervision of the Chief RF Engineer and the Senior Engineer. The RF Engineer Apprentice will provide help with the installation, testing, and repair of RF systems and equipment. Equipment encountered in this position includes, but is not limited to encoders, modulators, frequency conversion equipment, RF amplification equipment, antenna subsystems, and other ancillary satellite communication equipment. Apprenticeships will continue for a maximum of 24 months.
• Work toward the mastery of all learning objectives for the assigned area. May include some or all of the following duties:
• Provides feedback to Chief RF Engineer and Senior Engineer on the operation and maintenance of assigned work orders.
• Uses miscellaneous analog and digital test equipment to correct equipment problems including oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers under the supervision of others and alone.
• Performs preventative/corrective maintenance on systems or equipment as directed.
• Provides users and clients with professional, courteous, and timely technical support.
• Update drawings and create new ones for all future projects.
• Performs other special assignments as necessary.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
• Individual must be able to work under pressure and meet strict job deadlines.
• Able to communicate in the English language, apply logical troubleshooting skills, and be able to manipulate formulae.
• Basic computer proficiency.
• Individual must be able to frequently lift heavy objects.
• Individual must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate client maintenance requests.
• Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• College degree in a Communications related field preferred, but not required.
• RF satellite experience preferred, but not required.
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required.
In this position, personnel safety is of the utmost importance. Individuals are often exposed to hazardous working conditions that include: heavy lifting, power tools, dangerous heights, and potential exposure to RF radiation.
Encompass Digital Media Inc. is an AA/EO Employer.
Encompass Digital Media, Inc.
3845 Pleasantdale Road
Atlanta, GA 30340